UK Political Thread, part the second

3 Likes
1 Like

Of course they won’t link to it.

Deal with that Blair infestation now!

4 Likes

There is still time for a Christmas miracle.

4 Likes
8 Likes

as long as it was the Sex Pistols’ version," one replied

Punk Rock 80S GIF

5 Likes
2 Likes

It’s not without its charm

No, not Beckenbauer.

1 Like

Please ignore literally every other time we’ve tried this. This time, privatising parts of the system will work.

7 Likes

fuck my life GIF

7 Likes
7 Likes

I’m sure we’ll get answers at tomorrow’s PMQs and a swift resignation. /s

But seriously, i’m glad this is not going away any time soon. People managing untold misery not being able to see loved ones in their last moments; there was an MP today breaking down in tears in the Commons because his mother-in-law died alone.

7 Likes

Grim reading for Alex tomorrow morning.

And why is Sue Gray leading the investigation into these parties for No.10? Well…
[" Even when a document trail exists, Ms Gray is enthusiastic about keeping it a secret. We know that she advised special advisers on how to destroy email (by “double-deletion”) to thwart FOIA requesters. She did not advise them on the requirements of the code on public record-keeping. We also know, via the Freedom of Information Act, that she kept no log of why, how or when she destroys documents (contrary to that guidance)."](The most powerful person you've never heard of - BBC News)

6 Likes

Bad news just keeps piling up for the Boris clique today

3 Likes

He didn’t know it was a party and left after 25mins…
That’s the line they are going with.

4 Likes

‘I know the rage they feel with me’

If you haven’t spontaneously combusted, Boris, then I severely doubt that you do.

6 Likes

The Good Law Project have been fighting this for a year so good for them.

Meanwhile, more Tory suits throughout the day trying to spin shit into gold and it’s all having a very real effect on their polling numbers.

3 Likes

Given all these stories now coming out about the behaviour of Boris and co. during the pandemic, you have to wonder “why did they think they’d get away with it?”

Well, to answer that, let’s just look at the BBC’s reporting on breaches of the ministerial code last year:

That’s why. Break the rules as many times as you like, the BBC will still spend more time on a single allegation against your opponents (that was found not to have broken any rules), than they will on all your misdeeds.

6 Likes

Any betting pools on how much longer BoJo will last as PM?

2 Likes