UK Political Thread, part the second

I thought this would have been commented on by now but it’s been quite the day on brexit island.

What to do when you’re on the ropes and desperate, why you spew out slanderous memes and outright lies of course.

Then the leader of the SNP gets ejected because he has the sheer gall to speak the truth. Good for him.

3 Likes

ETA: I think two more have jumped the sinking ship as well.

ETA II: Though if you read between the lines this lot were going to take the wrap over the frat house parties so the Savile nonsense was just a convenient smokescreen to get out now.

5 Likes

Yeah, luckily for them Boris enjoys the taste of his own toes. Also, in this case it’s rap…

1 Like
4 Likes
7 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

2 Likes

Does the post of home secretary tend to attract a certain type of applicant?

With this (and suppose most) of our governments in recent history.

The post is given to the worst person you could possibly imagine for the job…

Culture minister with no concept of culture
NHS minister that hates the very idea of the NHS…

Rince and repeat…

3 Likes

May__Oh you__FGD135

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Roy Jenkins was alright.

1 Like

As mentioned elsewhere

This is exactly what de Pfeffel does, his words leading to irrevocable consequences.

4 Likes

promulgated. If, by “promulgated”, you mean “deliberately and malevolently read a slanderous conspiracy theory into Hansard”.

4 Likes

Follow-up:

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Not a victory. Anyone who Priti Patel will support will be far worse.

The Met Police needs denazification, and not the watered down version post-WW2 either.

5 Likes

Indeed but i still think she had to go, too many failings and if only another leader would do the honourable thing and step aside.

1 Like

How did that work out with George Galloway? Or Ken Livingstone?

And, just to remind everyone again, Rosie Duffield is still a Labour MP.

4 Likes
2 Likes