UK Politics Thread

Beautifully composed picture of Nigel Farage

4 Likes

wait for it, wait for it.

3 Likes

It’s easily going to make a million by lunchtime tomorrow. If Trump comes to the UK I’ll protest him.

7 Likes

I know it’s just twitter, but I’m pretty impressed with what Ed Miliband has been saying. Shame he wasn’t like that when he was leading the Labour Party.

2 Likes

Perhaps keeping a lid on the PLP, with it’s double infection of chronic backstabbing disorder and foot-shotgunitis is more work than we imagined, and accomplishing absolutely nothing was actually a huge achievement.

3 Likes

1.3 million now, it’s being debated in parliament this evening. I expect they’ll chicken out and let him come.

1 Like

Shocked-not-shocked.gif

I guess Mrs May is enjoying the demonstrations outside her front door so much she wants the Queen to experience them too. As well as the pleasure of Mr Trump’s company.

5 Likes

Anyone want to lay bets on her coming out of that meeting with Shitler waving a piece of paper?

8 Likes

[quote=“daneel, post:87, topic:86909”]
“populist gesture”.[/quote]
And therefore easy to dismiss, like those other recent populist gestures, Brexit and Trump’s election.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Pro Trump rally in Cardiff draws YUGE crowd

9 Likes

Well, to be fair, not quite…

2 Likes

OK, but that’s the protest against Trump. The Pro-Trump protest was rather sparsely attended.

4 Likes

Ohhh you’re quite right and i’m quite dumb.

This is just…odd.

Who means Who. We want a Red White and Blue Who.

2 Likes

Fuck you, Labour.

Even more worthless as a opposition than the Democrats.

7 Likes

Good twitter rant:

2 Likes

On May’s other main subject, briefing other leaders on her visit last week to see Donald Trump, things went less smoothly. Before the talks had even begun, the idea of the UK being a “bridge” between a sceptical EU and Trump’s administration was ridiculed by the Lithuanian president, Dalia Grybauskaitė.

“I don’t think there is a necessity for a bridge,” Grybauskaitė said as she arrived at the historic Grand Master’s Palace in Valletta. “We communicate with the Americans on Twitter.”

4 Likes

I admit that I’ll find it hard to source this at the moment, but I thought that a large part of why the US govt actually liked us, was as a(n english-speaking/cultured) gateway into Europe, and as a Trojan horse for American political influence into the EU parliament.

Both of which we’ve just blown, big style. Yeah, she’s screwed. (and so are we) :confused:

7 Likes

Yeah but look on the bright side - no more straight bananas! So, every cloud…

Jesus wept.

4 Likes