UK TV presenter takes "radio waves cause Covid-19" conspiracy theory mainstream

Weird does not cover it. Ballard novel time.

Seems like a good spot to share this summary of what we know (and don’t know) so far about covid-19 and hydroxy…

1 Like

Anyone who believes this should probably destroy their phone and get a landline.

Just to be safe.

2 Likes

Teach the controversy!

“I’m not saying it’s aliens BUTT it’s aliens.”

This “I am just asking questions” phrase is exactly the wording of conspiracy idiots, who are too afraid to stand up for their opinion. It’ s like the “I am asking for a friend” phrase.
Besides: Does that mean, the transmission of the Morning Show does spread the desease?

1 Like

Apparently David Icke was on London Live this week with his theory explaining the 5G to Covid connection as a Zionist tech conspiracy.

However many people are rightly concerned and are looking for answers and that’s simply what I was trying to do, to impart yesterday.

Weasel words.
You might as well ask any old shit…

“Is the earth flat? I don’t know, i’m just asking the question.”
“Are they microchiping us through vaccinations? I don’t know, i’m just asking the question.”
“Is the moon made of cheese? I don’t know, i’m just asking the question.”

There’s no journalistic integrity or intelligence to asking these things.

2 Likes

Even the Beeb got their summation wrong:

This highlights the difficulty with covering misinformation about coronavirus. A lack of information and complex explanations often fail to satisfy a desire for immediate answers.

That allows misleading information - including conspiracy theories - to thrive.

A lack of information isn’t the problem. Several factors contribute to conspiracy theories existing and thriving. First and foremost, a deficient education, particularly in critical thinking and in science, means that we get larger numbers of people who are unable to understand rational thought. Certain unethical groups such as political right-wing organizations and media moguls, racists, fascists, xenophobes, and religions, all employ tribal loyalties to capitalize on ignorance and promote conspiracy theories when their malicious claims have no basis in facts; this incentivizes these groups to become actively anti-thinking and anti-science in order to maintain their membership levels.

There are also disruptive malicious actors, specifically Russia, who have found that planting false information combined with a heavy campaign of divisive driving trollies is a highly successful recipe for demoralizing and destabilizing their perceived enemies. This is particularly pernicious in that a trolley can demonize the other side, or entice an otherwise rational person into an “online shouting match”; both of which make the person who encounters the trolley angry at other people in general, reducing the amount they engage in reasoned discourse.

And people wonder why we had such low voter turnout in the last election. While the right-wing organs decried Hillary and promoted Trump, we need to assign partial blame to the Russian trollies who posted stuff like “both Hillary and Trump are shit, you’re stupid to vote for either”, where the constant negativity disengages people. And there are trollies who spout nonsense like “there are always two valid sides to every story”, like the esteemed Mr. Holmes just spewed, even though actual facts exist just fine without sides. It’s an alternative fact that alternative facts are valid alternatives.

<rant/>

2 Likes

Burns

2 Likes

:musical_note:
“Radio waves” killed the video star.

If it was Holmes would have eaten it by now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.