Unassuming home features bizarre theme room with no obvious purpose

With 15.5 rooms already dedicated to sleeping and shitting, you would be a fool not to have a cave room.

10 Likes

What GIF

3 Likes

One of my childhood friends had a room like this, without the carpeting. Too expensive to remove the boulder when the house was constructed. and yet somehow too wasteful to not use the space. They used it as a playroom.

New Jersey, so probably a result of glaciation.

8 Likes

Colin Fuze is a fun channel to watch. As well as a full bunker under his garden and a tunnel connecting to the shed and house, he has built a large number of impractical but fun devices.

The tunnel series is quite addictive. I only expected to watch a few minutes and ended up watching all 9 parts. It took him a few years to complete. He is now working on a secret garage to house his Deloren.

3 Likes

Odd place, I can get a a feel for this cavernous house from the photos, but would it kill them to provide a floor plan?

7 Likes

It feels kind of empty…

4 Likes

Homemade tunnels…

9 Likes

Kitchen: “Thankfull”. bad. bad! squirts with spray bottle
House part of house: okay, it’s mid-century modern updated for the 2020s, I can dig it a bit.
Basement: oh boy they like to do a sports and a movies!
Cave room: oh this is the Junji Ito room

5 Likes

Fascinating that so many people have encountered homes with rocks in the basement. I always thought that old Dick Van Dyke Show episode had a silly premise.

3 Likes

Maybe that room has a collection of safes they forgot the combinations for, so they did the practical thing and just carpeted over them.

6 Likes

That website usually does include floor plans for each storey. It is odd…

3 Likes

“So, you found the tunnel” – Dale Gribble.

4 Likes

You’re saying it’s dank carpet, then?

6 Likes

Must be big Plato fans and wanted to fully grok the allegory.

10 Likes

This is my room! It was made for me!

4 Likes

8.5 bathrooms? Next to that the cave sounds normal.

3 Likes

Pro tip: it’s not a secret tunnel if you make posts about it on social media.

8 Likes

Late to the party here, but clearly:

19 Likes

My cat would have a blast in that cave, running straight up the walls! And then she’d pee on about half of it, and there’s no way to clean it, and we wall up the cave. But not with the cat inside, sorry Edgar Allen Poe fans! :black_cat:

10 Likes

melange hoard

4 Likes