Unassuming home features bizarre theme room with no obvious purpose

Anyone thought to ask the realtor? I mean, they might actually have the answer.

2 Likes

5f7cc609-47e8-4e91-a079-d9eaadefc6cd_text

14 Likes

I don’t think the washer and dryer are in a kitchen. I reckon they’re in a dedicated laundry room.

Also, given this example of ‘money can’t buy taste’ I think the mystery room is for exotic animals.

2 Likes

It’s also obviously been staged for the photos.

To celebrate a friend’s birthday recently, we hired a manor house for a weekend, which was a really weird building (even by old UK building standards). The teddy bear room wasn’t even the oddest part:

I’ll link to the rest of the photos here

9 Likes

Speaking of odd housing, one of my friends found this listing nearby to us :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/140487803?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=whatsapp#/?channel=RES_BUY

Features more bathrooms than bedrooms, Trump-esque Gold plated tacky furniture and one of the bathrooms has two toilets in it side by side :thinking:

:nauseated_face:

6 Likes

4rf2

4 Likes

Rev Green in the music room with a horn.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

5 Likes

You are all wrong, under the carpet there is a mountain of gold coins.

11 Likes

I counted not 1, not 2 but 3 kitchens. Not including the wet bar in the sauna room.

2 Likes

Even for Indiana, that price seems suspiciously low for a house of that size.

4 Likes

I’ve vaguely wondered about his tunnel but not enough to look into it. I mean, there has to be pipes and whatnot he’s dodging around. I get slack for burying gutter drains and this guy is able to have a whole bunker?

1 Like

Potentially location. I was recently browsing houses for sale around me and found a house that was staggeringly good looking and very well priced but had oddly been on the market for 60+ days (stuff around me sells in hours, generally…my house was on the market for 90 minutes). Gorgeous outside features, really interesting interior with a lovely stairway…then I found out it was inches from one of the busiest streets in the area. Quite possibly the worst place to have a house as there’s non stop traffic all day and is about 1/4 mile from the offramp of a major highway and part of the route trucks take to get between two highways.

That street location was the one picture they didn’t include.

8 Likes

Fair point.

3 Likes

Might be a good location for a realtor office or something along those lines, but as a house it does sound like a not ideal place to live

5 Likes

Ooh, send the folks from Kanye’s concrete compound there! :+1:

4 Likes

It’s for their friends.

9 Likes

I’ve seen the aftermath of too many carpets pulled up on HGTV shows to ever want a carpet in my home.

8 Likes