Uncomable Hair Syndrome is real and this cute toddler has it

Originally published at: Uncomable Hair Syndrome is real and this cute toddler has it | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Let us just pause to state that Boris Johnson’s hair does NOT have this syndrome and that it is an affectation - all part of his ‘fluffy charming bumbling character’ persona (persona = con man presentation)

This kid looks like he’s permanently wired. Literally! :wink:

(I mean, he’s a kid, he can’t be ‘static’.)

10 Likes

I see a lot of award winning costumes for him at Halloween time.

3 Likes

He’ll be more Beetlejuice than Beetlejuice.

3 Likes

Killer mohawk material, no hair spray needed.

10 Likes

The kid who had to send some of his hair to a lab to be analyzed is named Lock Samples? Really?

10 Likes

Abraham Lincoln told me everything on the internets is real.

2 Likes

It’s cute now but has anyone met grade school kids who, for some reason, will tease this kid to no end?

And for some reason I thought of this move I used to watch on the weekend movie matinee when I was a kid.

4 Likes

I was gonna say: The kid’s a shoo-in for membership in a punk-rock/new wave band when they hit their teens…

3 Likes

I had this as a child in the 70’s.
I was teased and mocked mercilessly. I made up stories as to why my hair was like this. I grew out of it but it made my life miserable. If you look closely at my profile picture you can see how I was trying to deal with it.

21 Likes

Halloween has been predetermined forever.

4 Likes

Schools are a lot better about controlling bullying now than when I (and I assume you) grew up. They can also buzz cut it and it would be pretty subtle. I think the kids will be alright.

5 Likes

Young punk rocker.

All kidding aside, was hair gel considered?

“Teaser Trailer” :wink:

Kid looks like a rock star/superhero. Buckaroo Banzai in the flesh.

16 posts in, and nobody’s going to complain about the lack of a “b” in the title?

(is spelling Nazi a thing?)

3 Likes

“A slavish concern for the composition of words is the sign of a bankrupt intellect!”

I just found out about this a couple of weeks ago… and learned that Albert Einstein had it!

Let’s save the “Nazi” for the actual Nazis. How about plain and simple “pedant”? When you care about accuracy and detail, it’s not a bad thing to be accused of.

Humbug: Oh, come now, don’t be ill-mannered - isn’t someone going to introduce me to this little boy? A fine manly little fellow…
Spelling Bee: This is the Humbug - H-U-M-B-U-G- A very dislikable fellow.
Humbug: Nonsense! Everyone loves a Humbug. ‘Insectius Humbugius,’ if I may use the Latin.
Spelling Bee: ‘Insectius Humbugius?’ Why, you fraud! You can’t even spell your own name!

1 Like