Unfortunately that official "nude beach" sign on Lake Michigan is fake

Originally published at: Unfortunately that official "nude beach" sign on Lake Michigan is fake | Boing Boing

3 Likes

9 Likes

As a reminder, at least some clothing is required at all of our beaches.

8 Likes

They never mentioned if anyone showed up and stripped off, and if there were complaints, or if someone just had to call the parks service to see if it was true.

2 Likes

Best to specify lest someone chooses to interpret that as an invitation to shirtcocking.

4 Likes

Used to live a block away. It’s a great neighborhood – Rogers Park – but the fact that it has a lot of recent immigrants (as well as Loyola University students) means someone from a country where such things are normal might have believed the sign. Yikes!

8 Likes

Make it an actual nude beach, you cowards. Williston’s dream has clearly languished too long - time to make it a reality.

4 Likes

There are a lot of places in this country where such things are normal… if I saw it as a visitor to Chicago I might have been fooled, though I’d probably be too timid to strip down if I didn’t see any other nudists in the area.

3 Likes

One of my partners lives a few blocks away from there near Ashland and Morse. We had a lovely beach afternoon there at the end of June. It wasn’t a nude beach at the time, though.

(I’m objecting to the “No” part of the sign, but I notice it was covered up and no one way paying it the least bit of attention anyway!)

6 Likes

Every beach is nude, unless you cover the sand.

4 Likes

Shame. You have an official nude beach, you don’t have to worry about unofficial wallet inspectors.

1 Like

Apart from prison-wallet inspectors

1 Like

I guess the US is a bit too prudish to actually have public nude beaches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.