Unidentified federal forces enter Portland, pull protestors into unmarked vans

Do they call me McGregor the bridge builder?

But you look at one banana…

11 Likes

I hope crowds start recognizing these as kidnappings and react accordingly.

3 Likes

I hear what you’re saying, and unfortunately that’s exactly what the regime is hoping as well. Nothing would please them more than to escalate this further and have some dead federal agents to serve as martyrs and casus belli. The feds are treating protest like they’re going into Fallujah, and that’s the same outcome they’d like to see across the board,

8 Likes

The problem is that failing to treat it like the kidnapping it is will mean that the very large active militia movement in the same area will use the tactic.

4 Likes

Better for those kidnapped to start issuing FOIP requests for the documentation related to their kidnapping, and then build from there.

2 Likes

Have you not been blessed by the Federal Sacrament, or the Bureauchrist?

3 Likes

Accounts from people who were abducted say they were released without being provided any record of their arrest. It may well be that the agents are purposely avoiding creating any kind of paper trail.

24 Likes

“It’s the demorats what’s gonna take away all ahr raghts!”

4 Likes

I suggest using Brave browser. I never see ads now.

5 Likes

Came here to say exactly this.

These are very similar to the tactics Putin used to invade Crimea in 2014. Armed, unnamed troops, without identification, invading in unmarked vehicles.

We all know how that went.

It doesnt seem far fetched to think Putin may have actually directly coached Trump to do this sort of thing now.

And from the lovely Department of Homeland Security no less- who probably revealed that fact accidentally.

This is exactly like the Gestapo’s beginnings. And we just had a card carrying Nazi promoted to national security council.

This is more like Germany in 1939 in many ways than I ever thought possible in the USA. This is absolutely frightening shit.

If someone did this to me, and didn’t identify themselves- I’d consider it criminal kidnapping and fight for my life.

22 Likes

I fear for you my southern neighbors. Don’t go anywhere without a camera.

2 Likes

Seems to me that more than just “protesters” need to get involved. For example, if a motel owner finds out they’re renting to these federal goons, they need to tell them they’re not welcome. If a car rental owner finds out they’re renting vehicles to these thugs, they need to refuse them service. And so on.

(I’ve been wondering, as far as the protests go, why go up against (just) the police? The cops have better equipment, better weapons, and can bend the legal system to their will. Instead, why not go and take over the mayor’s office or something similar? Go after the civilians who are supposedly in charge of the police, instead of just the police.)

1 Like
5 Likes

This is a fucking nightmare.

I know my instinct is to say, “this can’t be legal,” but what is the legality of this? (If they don’t actually arrest people, how does that change the legality?) During this administration I’m constantly having the reaction, “that can’t be legal” and finding out that well, technically, it is because the president has the power to do X in certain situations. And even though that situation clearly doesn’t exist, the fact that the president said it did was enough for it to be legal, because there’s no mechanism to resolve the president being delusional/a cynical authoritarian. I’ve not actually seen anyone who understands the law weigh in on this. So could this possibly be legal?

Even if it isn’t legal, does that change anything? The cops are clearly happy to go along with it as they were already breaking the law wrt protesters, and if a couple armed guys are illegally demanding you do something, asserting your rights isn’t a protection.

22 Likes

I think that is what was happening in Ukraine.

1 Like

Conservatives about a month ago: ‘These mask orders are something straight out of East Germany.’

Conservatives today: ‘We’re cool with undercover officers throwing people picked up off the street into unmarked vans.’

32 Likes

Our governor has already told them to leave. The authorities here are already not supporting this—it’s essentially an armed invasion.

16 Likes

Where is that teeth gritting emoji? :grimacing:

There we go.

KC is odd as we don’t technically have direct control over the police. Its the mayor and 4 governor appointed board members. Though in this case the appointees are all local.

4 Likes

They never recognized the legitimacy of the protests anyway, because their reading of the Constitution starts and ends at the second amendment.

Of course, protesting businesses being closed or having to wear a face mask is fine. I keep thinking I’ve reached maximum disgust at conservative hypocrisy, and I’m wrong every time.

17 Likes

Not sure that’s what you meant.

2 Likes