Unidentified object in Japan leaves people asking if it's a UFO...or a coronavirus contraption

Project Loon balloons were showing up on the flight tracker over southern Mississippi and Louisiana a few nights ago.

(I’m also checking the helicopters flying over lately, after the city and/or county law enforcement summoned the state police special response team here for “support” when they tear gassed two peaceful demonstrations. I heard their Huey - yup, distinctive sound - fly over on their way back to base.)

ETA there are two showing up over the Western Caribbean this evening.

4 Likes

I totally agree but yeesh, the “brown-body/face” doesn’t hold up so well.

1 Like

I’m a total UFO nut as some of you have probably noticed, and I mean, yeah – this is a balloon, one of various types – amateur, weather, Loon, you name it. Not exactly new tech.

There are “actual UFOs,” real things that defy all rational explanation. They are a relatively small percentage of overall reports, but they exist, and are often being reported by highly-qualified individuals. This is obviously nothing even remotely like that.

Yeah, but they said the same thing that time the government secretly shipped in King Kong to fight Godzilla.

[Ring Ring] “Hello, this is Central Self-Defense Forces. A strange object suspended from balloons, you say? I’m sure we have no idea what you’re talking about. Good day.”

balloons

5 Likes

Seems appropriate I just saw this online:

1 Like

Indeed. To call this a ufo you must be pretty desperate for some excitement (or ad clicks).

Oh, that’s good, that’s very good! Nice pop-culture reference there.:grin:

2 Likes

Maybe Tom Scott decided to send more Garlic Bread into space?

1 Like

I saw this and figured it was viral marketing for the new evangelion movie, considering weird cross shaped contraptions floating in the sky have featured heavily in them up until now.

If those are the balloons marked HBAL191, 201, etc, there’s currently ten of them over Nevada, Colorado and off the California coast, all at roughly 59-60,000ft.
I’d seen them on there before, and wondered what they were.

There are dozens of us! Fortunately we can find each other easily via RF. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.