Union Jack flag probably won't change much if Scotland becomes independent-but they won't be the last to leave

My favourite so far:

Here’s your new flag UK:

You’re welcome.

4 Likes

Or a flagon with a figure of a dragon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIWcCvQNqQ

2 Likes

Or banished it. Snag is that the City of London flag is St George plus sword. Which I guess means that the (red) sword is the essence of Londonity. I suppose it might be excised by a ploughshare. Or a pen (if that’s already not too Welsh).

As long as the brew is true!

2 Likes

Surely for the BNP, there ain’t no black in the Union Jack?

They need to include the cross of St Piran.

And Hawaii?

Apropos of nothing, I recently lost my palatial chalice.

3 Likes

There’s no Wales in the flag because Wales became part of the Kingdom of England in the 10th century, so was represented by the Cross of St George…

There has to be a dragon on it (drops mic)

12 Likes

It seems to me that there’s a simple solution; the UK can keep using Scotland’s flag, and Scotland can keep using the pound.

2 Likes

Well, England needs more representation.

A dead white dragon, underneath the red one.

Hmm. Maybe there is a way to get a lion in there fighting with the dragon against an injured unicorn.

1 Like

It’s come up here in BC as well. We’ve got the Union Flag (w/ crown) on the top half.

Hawaii could probably keep its canton as-is since it’s a historical reference, not a symbol of authority. [error, please ignore] And Hawaii only has the England/Scotland combo, so it was already out of date when Hawaii became a state. [/error]

The blue triangles weren’t the only part taken from St Andrew’s cross. It’s white saltire got a share of the diagonals as well. So now you can give St Patrick’s cross its full thickness.

Ugh. You’re right, of course. Got it confused with the pre-revolution colony flag, I guess. Incompetent brain crossing its wires again.

The “historical reference” comment still stands, though, I think. Nearly all places (like BC) with a Union Flag incorporated are still ultimately subject to the British Crown. And I’ve been assuming that Hawaii isn’t full of fervent loyalists. But it wouldn’t be the first thing I got wrong about Hawaii today.

1 Like

Good point. Fixed:

1 Like

Rob, the famous double cross has already been used:

3 Likes

Northern Ireland reunited with the rest of the island?

You just made me laugh.

While we are at it, what happens to your avatar, and the top left corner of the Aus and NZ flags?