Unmasked shoppers break Target employee's arm after being told to leave store

Bonus points for covering the mouth with the mask but not the nose.

5 Likes

Not Cheese cloth, but other denser fabric, yes.

It isn’t theater.It isn’t 100% effective (that would requires a sealed system), but it does dramatically prevent the spread of disease. Why do doctors and nurses wear masks during surgery? To prevent from infecting patients. The masks works best to PREVENT someone infected from spreading germs. It is less effective preventing receiving germs. But combined, where both people are masked it makes a difference.

10 Likes

A local grocery store chain in my area that was ahead of the curve in adjusting its policies to the pandemic started requiring masks several weeks ago, and gave a one-week transition period where they provided masks to anyone who didn’t have one. After the transition period, if you didn’t have a mask, you were denied entry.

12 Likes

Right? This was my thought too. If you are going to do stupid shit in a store with cameras, at least wear a mask!

2 Likes

I never, ever want to waste my time watching Braveheart.

1 Like

never forget. mel gibson died to give that right to you

2 Likes

Any face covering is acceptable. A scarf, bandana, or simply tie a t-shirt around your head if you don’t have an actual face mask.

3 Likes

An important detail buried in this story is that these guys are homeless. Seems like some commenters get it, hence the discussions around not having access to masks. But I don’t think this is a typical “anti-science idiot” story. The guys may not be in the loop on all the public health details of the situation, and not really understand why they’re being forced out of the store. From their perspective this probably feels like just another case of getting hassled by store security for daring to exist and wanting to buy toothpaste. I think some empathy is warranted here. Obviously the violence was inappropriate, but things are incredibly even harder for the homeless right now.

3 Likes

If someone buttonholed me outside Target without a mask and said, “I’m homeless and I need a toothbrush/toothpaste/Tylenol but I can’t go in without a mask” I would buy it and bring it out for them. And buy them a spare T-shirt or bandana to wear as a mask.

2 Likes

I see you are unfamiliar with the concept “perfect is the enemy of good”.

Ot maybe you are just sealioning for your own amusement

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.