Unmasked Walmart shopper arrested after threatening man with gun

I remember a time when armed desperadoes wore masks just because.

3 Likes

My inner and very naive monologue in seeing this was:

“You’re seriously going to go to jail for life by murdering this gentlemen just to not wear a mask? No you aren’t. You’re so used to using fear to get what you want that you literally know no other way. Now that the fear doesn’t work, what do you have left? You’ve already broken the law, are likely to lose your job if you have one, and have accomplished exactly nothing. That was worth if for a fucking mask?”

40 Likes

Good trigger discipline and he turned himself in, so, there’s that.

1 Like

How did this unmasked shopper enter the store in the first place?
(My local shopping areas have employees at the door to insure that masks are worn and that the store doesn’t exceed the newly lowered occupancy limits.)

8 Likes

Prepared for what? To be the Bad Guy With A Gun?

9 Likes

Indeed, that’s basically making a sacrifice for their country. It should be right up their alley. These folks would have fared poorly during World War II, when people were urged to be frugal to save resources for the war effort (“Use it up / wear it out / make it do / or do without”; “When you drive alone, you drive with Hitler”). Their chest-pounding about what they had a constitutional right to would not have gone over well.

22 Likes

The only thing these people stand for is beligerant hypocrisy.

9 Likes

I mean, maybe? But I’ve watched my fair share of those flicks and it’s not been a challenge to separate out truth from fiction.

Haven’t we comprehensively disproven the idea that violent movies cause violent crime?

3 Likes

Prepared for winning impromptu twirling contests.

5 Likes

I thought that was what moustache wax was for? :smiley:

12 Likes

I’m assuming that means you’re not a scared adult-child (the gender-inclusive version of man-baby). I’m not blaming the movies, I’m blaming the faulty viewer who sees the movies and believes that their own fearfulness and immaturity justifies acting as though they are a character in a movie, rather than a real human being whose actions have consequences for other real human beings.

10 Likes

That was back before maskial recognition software was in widespread use.

2 Likes

That’s a point: are ‘true patriots’ okay with using the flag (sorry: The Flag) as casual clothing?

8 Likes

Never EVER expect people like that guy to think rationally.

8 Likes

Hand on heart, I can’t really say I’m not scared right now. But yes, the critical factor is how we process and respond to that fear, and I’m grown-up enough not to think that waving a gun around in a supermarket is a sensible way to deal with it…

4 Likes

That t-shirt is a perversion of the flag. The stripes are replaced with silhouettes of rifles. He is no patriot. He is an ammosexual poser.

19 Likes

I’ll never fault a person for being scared. Times are terrifying right now and I’m right there with you. This guy thinking that pretending to be fearless over some horrifying illness by not wearing a mask and then pretending to be bold by waving a gun, he only serves to make me more scared. Because he is far too many of us and those of us who are able to own our fear just can’t seem to get through to him and others like him. I sometimes think the only thing we can do is reassure one another we’re not alone in our fears.

8 Likes

Some Americans believe that risking death/disability by Covid is actually a patriotic sacrifice that they can force other people to make.

5 Likes

[Narrator voice] No, they are not.

6 Likes

And selfishness. Don’t forget selfishness.

6 Likes