Unreliable narrator: Trucker for Trump changes tune several times

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/unreliable-narrator-trucker-for-trump-changes-tune-several-times.html

7 Likes

His handle is Angry Orange.

13 Likes
7 Likes

A Truckwork Orange

14 Likes

Ruh-roh! Ten drivers? That’ll starve New York City into submission.

11 Likes

I know, right? Whenever you hear some weird assertion like this the subtext is that they think NYC is just a slightly larger version of the podunk they live in. Like, there are probably ten trucks just sitting and idling on 42nd st between Grand Central and Times Square right now.

Honestly, though I’d be happy with even 10 fewer trucks in the city.

11 Likes

I only saw figures which included two axle delivery trucks, but there’s over 100,000/day going in or through Manhattan. Nearly that in Brooklyn.

I don’t think they’re noticing a 10 truck difference.

9 Likes

I was about to suggest that you don’t need Midjourney nor any other augmentation, but @RickMycroft beat me to it with the big rig photo. (In hindsight, did he climb up into the cab himself?)

Regarding the Wired link at the end, this made me guffaw:

Even trying to meet up at a gas station was difficult: Due to the size of a Buc-ee’s in South Carolina, convoy members couldn’t locate each other.

Was hoping they’d mention other convoys of the past, like the one during the 2013 gov’t. shutdown which IIRC dissolved amid infighting, acusations etc.

5 Likes

The trucking Emo equivalent of “Leave Britney alone!” ?

I wonder if he was joined by eleven long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus.

5 Likes

One of my favorite iines in all of song-dom.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.