Unused bed colonized by giant horrifying wasp-nest

4 Likes

Now we know how many bees it takes to cover Albert’s Shawl

12 Likes

Woke up, got out of bed, ran screaming, out of my head.

3 Likes

Dunno what’s more waspy that hive or that quilt.

Sigh.

6 Likes

Dear Filthy Hominids,

‘Unusued’ bed was colonized and thus obviously in use.

Yours in venomous vengeance,

Lots and lots of wasps and so many hornets.

4 Likes

They had been living under the house for years – by the time that my sister found them inside, the house should have been bulldozed down long before that. I think that might have been the year that they closed off the living room.

5000 wasps in St. Cross, Winchester…

3 Likes

I think I first saw this here, but even so, it deserves a repost:

3 Likes

That’s one of my favorite gifs ever.

And the solution is Spectricide. That shit has killed some large nests for me. Not THAT large - but still - it more or less instantly drops a wasp hit with it. Love that shit.

2 Likes

1 Like

13 Likes

Maybe this is an odd question, but why would they nest there? Surely it’s not convenient in terms of proximity to food and water?

Or was the window just left open or something?

2 Likes

Probably one of those super comfy space-age mattresses

edit: I suppose that they just look for a dry sheltered location and they somehow found their way into this room. Perhaps they started out under the eaves one year; moved into the attic the next year; and then found their way into the bedroom…

3 Likes

runs, screaming, from the thread

3 Likes

4 Likes

O_o

It took me a while to realize you were talking about the wasps, and not your parents.

I think the wasps had a legitimate claim of adverse possession.

HYMENOPTERA LIBERATION NOW! What do we want? Painful stings and welts! When do we want them? Now! OCCUPY UNUSED BEDS!

3 Likes

Eh, either way.

1 Like

WWN was at least humorous. No dice at Fox. :frowning:

goddammit. even worse, i missed out on an obvious opportunity to make a WASP joke.

need more coffee.