Update on the orgasm-inducing Hawaiian mushroom

I can’t wait for follow up info. I desperately want this to be true

2 Likes

What, men?

Alas: they do.

4 Likes

I don’t know, it is after 9pm local time and I am having difficulty parsing that sentence. By “science” do you mean the total of collected human systematic knowledge, the practice of science or the generation and testing of theories? By “reducible” do you mean that there is some coherent subset of natural laws from which everything else can be deduced, or that there exists a method capable of automation which will ultimately extract every possible scientific law?

Does the Rutherford remark that “all science is physics or stamp collecting” have any relevance? There are currently no hard and fast laws of induction, which is always the “systematic” problem with science. This is why I consider Rutherford to be wrong, but of course he was writing before biochemistry and even information theory.

Sure, but before heading down that rabbit hole, it would be very nice to be able to demonstrate some kind of activity from the biological material as is. But of course, you could just do a headspace collection, elute with some suitable solvent and do GC-MS, and see if you found signs of something that looked like what you’d expect. Hey, you could even do just GC and split the effluent between the detector (FID) and a port for a human to sniff at. See which peak corresponds to activity…

6 Likes

This doesn’t pass the smell test

5 Likes

No, the female orgasm. And R.O.U.S.s.

1 Like

I disagree; I’ve been in bed with a few of them.

What? No, not the R.O.U.S.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I have a solution for your query, my friendly cisgendered mutant. Find your nearest hot tub. Turn on the jets and get in.

Deftly, and with great aplomb, get out your 11th 21st digit. Carefully, so as not to admit water through its meatus, place its glans in very close proximity to the water exiting the jet. Get yourself as close as your nerve endings will allow you to remain, and remain so for approximately 20 to 30 seconds. You will feel the onrush of a sudden ejaculation and will also have the direct, experiential answer to your question. You can thank me later. Wham, bam, thank you Jacuzzi.

Heh. Never fear; I know I could be fooled by anyone who cared to try.

For all the good that would do them.

3 Likes

Dear god please do this your privately owned hot tub and not a public one… please…

10 Likes

(Shhhhhh! Pipe down! You are ruining the fun!!!)

4 Likes

At what specific angle? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

6 Likes

Side note: a friend just went through a nasty round of “Hot tub folliculitis” right before her wedding and honey moon. I am never getting in a hotel hot tub ever ever again…

3 Likes

Ow ow ow ow ow ow owwww.

Sir, I am 45 years old, and have owned a hot tub of my very own for 10 years. Do you think I would not have tried this, in all that time?

Nope. It categorically does not work on me. I think my stimulation needs are… well, different. Or my jets are too strong.

Oh, hello there, public. Are you all still reading this?

20 Likes

They must not be your type, and for that, you’ll have to try different hot tubs until you find an attractive one.

10 Likes

Color me old-fashioned, but I’m serially monogamous with my recreational water fixtures.

9 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. You know, the people having the most fun are polyaqueous.

8 Likes

Safe filtration, everybody!

9 Likes