Upstate New York Elvis impersonator uses original blueprints to build stunning, 13,000 sqft Star Trek Enterprise replica

I think it was Trekkier than either of the two Abrams films. It at least had an optimistic theme and message to convey. The message of the first film was “Vengeance is awesome” and the message of the second film was “People really loved Wrath of Khan, right? Right?”

The last film probably would have been better without the damn swarm.

True. I don’t remember ever getting a satisfactory explanation why those things could penetrate Federation shields.

Rocket
I’m taking a rocket.
I’m packing my suitcase
Hey, look out, Moon!

Yeah, a rocket
into outer space.
Goodbye, human race
I’ll be there soon.

Blast off!
For fun and adventure.
There’s a fair adventure
collecting stones.

Yeah, it’s my way
on the ol’ space highway.
That’s why they all say
“There goes Astronaut Jones!”

Hey!"

1 Like

I see what you did there. Well played

But seriously, you can always spot a work of love and passion and this is a fine example.

When I was a kid I even had a pencil case just like the ones from which the original communicators were made.

http://www.herocomm.com/Details/BuckOrigins.htm

1 Like

This reminds me, last year I was out walking with my kid when someone in our neighborhood invited us to see what he’d built in the back of his garage. (Not quite to scale, but who has that much space in San Francisco?) He even had “Asteroids” playing on one of the monitors.

5 Likes

You know whats going on in that Bermuda Triangle?
Down in the Bermuda Traingle
Elvis needs boats.
Elvis needs boats.
Elvis Elvis Elvis
Elvis Elvis Elvis
Elvis needs boats.

https://youtu.be/mpb4ZAAP6Z4

3 Likes

She’d finally had enough of his obsession with gratuitous flair?

3 Likes

Shields were designed to work primarily against energy weapons. The swarm attack was of the most basic and primitive type - basically throwing rocks at the Enterprise. Lots and lots and lots of rocks.

2 Likes

But there are lots of rocks in space, and, at speed, the Enterprise would be hitting those a lot harder. That’s why it has a navigational deflector.

Something that can deflect a grain of sand at relativistic speeds shouldn’t have much trouble with tiny spacecraft.

The deflector projects forward in what is basically a cone shape. As the swarm ships are powered and highly maneuverable, they can simply go around the area of the deflector’s beam.

That seems… implausible. Only a few hundred years in the future and we’ve forgotten how to stop a rail gun? When Stargate did it, that was one thing; the Asgard had been past conventional weaponry for millennia. But I have a hard time believing that Starfleet would forget their history so quickly.

A single rail gun type weapon would be useless against a starship, as the projectiles would just get phasored as soon as they were launch, due to their relatively slow speed (compared to energy weapons, which reach their target nearly instantaneously) and predictable path. If you look at the swarm attack, the Enterprise’s first response was to do just that - hit them with phasors. But the limited number of forward phasors made that a losing strategy.

Huh - didn’t know that is what they used. I knew a guy who could scratch build props from sheets of plastic. Really talented guy.

Same guy as above, had a half scale shuttle craft for his kids to play in.

That’s probably why Kirk’s insignia pin was so often pointing at his dick.

I haven’t seen them. Are the warp nacelles connected by dongles and the cargo bays full of proprietary adapters for the various standard shuttlecraft or things they might need to dock with? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

"What is this nostalgia? Everything is old and has happened before!

LAME"

From the first reboot movie, engineering apparently contains a huge water-slide park.

And the bridge seems larger than a Galaxy class one.

I like it.

/Thread