US Customs seized a human brain on its way from Toronto to Wisconsin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/21/us-customs-seized-a-human-brai.html

4 Likes

Are we sure it wasn’t from Mar-A-Lago

8 Likes
18 Likes

The brain specimen is being investigated by the CDC for…
… a decision on what to do with the specimen.

So they’re going to ask it?

2 Likes

Send it to the White House. They are in short supply there.

3 Likes

When I was a teenager, the drinking age in Illinois was 21 but the drinking age in Wisconsin was 18. I don’t know about the brain drain to Kenosha, but many of us had our brains drained before returning from there.

Also,

4 Likes

You beat me to it. I suspect that the specimen in the jar is in better condition and functions better than the one in the Oval Office.

3 Likes

Apparently, the brain came from someone called “Abby Normal”.

20 Likes

My wife was given a human brain in what looks like a big pickle jar. But that’s another story.

So one day, I get in her car and ask “Did you go to Taco Bell?” “No.” “Hmm, smells like Taco Bell in here.”

Next day: “You went to Taco Bell without me.” “Nooo.” “It smells like Taco Bell in here!”

We learned 1 of 2 things that day. Either:

Taco Bell smells like human brains.
or
Human brains smell like Taco Bell.

(I don’t know what that brain is preserved in, but dang if it doesn’t smell EXACTLY like Taco Bell to me.)

3 Likes

Why would anyone need a brain in Kenosha?

2 Likes

Did anyone taste it, science never sleeps.

1 Like

Well, they were going to use the one marked “Hans Delbruck”, but there was this, er, accident. . . .

15 Likes

So my first lab gig was comparative neuroanatomy of primate brains. We would get shipments of human brains from a hospital in Chicago, and it always amazed me that they would be delivered by random delivery people with no idea what was in the box. Usually there was no biohazard label or anything.

10 Likes

UW - Parkside might be the intended recipient?

3 Likes

Came here for the Marty Feldman reference. Thanks!

7 Likes

8 Likes

Please return to
The Hon. Doug Ford
Premier’s Office
Room 281
Legislative Building, Queen’s Park
Toronto,
ON
M7A 1A1

There is no hurry, he never used it anyway

11 Likes
1 Like

Ah, the credit rightly goes to u/Khoryos; I just picked up what they put down.

1 Like

Thank you. Ew.