US Senator Michael Bennet is having none of Ted Cruz or this government shutdown

cruz

19 Likes

I blame trump for making me watch every political statement every day. Love to watch the swings right and left. Handsome Ted is just the flavor if the day.

16 Likes

Does anyone have a rough timetable for when and where someone will post a transcript of this speech? I’m a crotchety old pre-Intarwebz coot woth lousy bandwidth and insulting data caps, so reading letters on a page/screen, old-school-style, seems to work best for me…

9 Likes

Looks like Trumplestiltskin is going to blink first and go the “national emergency” route for his wall. Which is cool - let’s get the government back up and running and he can cry to the court when they block the blatantly unconstitutional wall funding.

12 Likes

It also will set precedent for declaring a ‘national emergency’ over the environment and/or universal health care.

18 Likes

men in black

5 Likes

14 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to be almost 30 minutes long, but I can try to get it typed up tonight.

8 Likes

You might want to hold off until the weekend. CSPAN has been posting transcripts during the shutdown based on their closed captioning. Here’s Bennet’s page:

https://www.c-span.org/person/?michaelbennet

Also, it doesn’t look like Bennet himself thought it would be that long. But once he got rolling…

8 Likes

:grin::joy::rofl::smiley::neutral_face::expressionless::slightly_frowning_face::disappointed::sob:

11 Likes

yuck

12 Likes

I’d LOVE to see the coal mines and oil fields shut down to save the planet! (Oh and evangelical churches too because well they are just fucking up everything)

13 Likes

I’m sorry folks… as a “Libertarian from the Left” who is growing less and less Libertarian let me apologize for Ted Cruz. We really did try hard this year to take his seat… but the dumb fuckers opened an eye in the last month, saw what was happening and voted.

but we tried. the ‘realists’ were surprised that we did as well as we did. I’m ashamed of my neighbors.

2 Likes

to an extent, i actually agree with this one.

the constitution doesn’t give rights. those rights are human ( or divine if youre so inclined. )

the constitution mainly constrains government, and defines what government should look like.

8 Likes

after hiring so many conservative idiots the new york times finally hired someone i can get behind for their editorial columns–

18 Likes

I watched the whole thing, and I have so little energy to absorb Fury left after the last two years I’m really impressed that I did watch the entire thing.

Holy shit guys.

Do yourself a favor and really watch this.

I have never seen that slime mold Cruz get eviscerated for the piece of shit he is so well. That speech was magnificent and worthy of the office. Finally a Democrat with not just a pair of balls, but their own and all of their opponents too, with gusto.

If that man runs for president I can see him actually being president with his honest candor and real command of the room.

17 Likes

Scroll down to 4:04:20 at https://www.c-span.org/video/?456922-1/senate-session&start=14653

5 Likes

Make America great again. :clap::clap:

14 Likes

Hey, that’s my senator too!

Oh wait. No. Mine is the other guy…

Shit.

9 Likes

Hell yeah. Damn good thing we’re the only state in the union that has only one senator. If we ever got two of them the other one might turn out to be an embarrassing, opportunistic jackass who sells out his constituents, refuses to represent them and then hides from them, and what would we do then?

8 Likes