US sends 3,500+ more troops to Middle East as Iran tensions escalate

12 Likes

Yes, Shia Iranians are absolutely the most likely people to cooperate with a bunch of Sunni fundamentalist fanatics from Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan.

The sad thing is, so many Americans are so ignorant of anything related to Islam or Middle East, and/or have so short memories that they don’t remember Iran helping US to curb Taliban in Afghanistan right until the idiotic “Axis of Evil” speech, that a lot of people are going to buy Pence’s nonsense.

10 Likes
9 Likes

Got a friend who was supposed to be deployed to Africa three months ago. The unit she’s commanding was shipped to the Emirates. This war was planned long ago. I hope she gets home safely.

10 Likes

But was it? I’ve yet to see Trump plan anything well. If he had that ability he wouldn’t be in half the trouble he’s in. He’s rash and impulsive.

4 Likes

Not even bothering to cook up a new excuse, just gonna warm over the same old bullshit from 17 years ago and hope nobody notices.

8 Likes

That’s the point. If you’re an American hawk who believes that the US should overthrow the Iranian government to get its hands on Iranian oil, the case for regime change has become stronger.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s just an endless police action.

First sentence: pure, overt racism.

Third sentence: utter historical ignorance.

12 Likes

All the aboriginal (people and) Chiefs decieved during the time of the great genocide and occupation.

7 Likes
12 Likes

On a related note…

Good thing we totally don’t do anything like that, eh? *nervous laugh*

15 Likes

And the followup:

11 Likes

Gee, I wonder why the Iranian government might feel like it needs a strong military? I guess we’ll never know…

14 Likes

We already have.

8 Likes

cAKHYpy

10 Likes

“We invaded Iraq to defend Freedom™️ and Democracy™️”

12 Likes

Old news, already happened in the 1950s. Why do you think there’s a hard line anti-American regime in Iran right now? They got tired of a murderous puppet shah put in place when their democratic government was overthrown by the British and American intelligence machines at the behest of the oil companies.

The Iraquis should demand reparations for the hundreds of thousands of their civilians murdered by American, British and other governments soldiers over the last 3 decades. That should cancel out the cost.
Trump is a fucking asshole bully.

6 Likes

Yes, I know. I should have anticipated your nitpicking critique by writing “an American hawk who believes that the US should overthrow the Iranian government again”. /s

Hypothetical reparations won’t compensate for real sanctions.

1 Like