Useful foldable step stool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/25/useful-foldable-step-stool.html

3 Likes

My step daughter uses this as her squatty potty and calls it her ‘poop stool.’

6 Likes

Useful and sturdy.
But I bought mine at Aldi for ~1/10 of the price in that Amazon link.

6 Likes

It’s not strong at all. My mom broke her’s.

2 Likes

They are sturdy pretty much right up to the moment they are not. Guess how I know.

5 Likes

They’ve been available in the UK at various stores for a while. Very handy for changing light bulbs when the fitting is just out of reach, and for other minor DIY jobs.

And my young nieces have, at times, used them as small stools.

1 Like

I have one in nearly every room of my house and we bought them at various discount shops as well. My <5’ tall wife needs them to reach just about anything and they’ve always been pretty durable for her. My much larger frame hasn’t dared testing them though, and I’d be reluctant to say they’d support my bulk.

3 Likes

Wait a minute—what’s happening there!? They multiply when you aren’t looking?

3 Likes

There must be a Chinese factory stamping these things out by the billion cos they’ve been stacked up in the impulse buy bin at the checkout nearly everywhere for ages now

1 Like

“Stool stool”

4 Likes

You didn’t mention THE POLKA DOTS at all in your review, @frauenfelder? The single most awesome feature of this step stool??

I guess you were letting the dots speak for themselves, and I can admire such editorial restraint, but if I were doing the review, it would start with “asdfkljlkjslkjasdfjkl POLKA DOTS!!!”

Just sayin’.

Um, I like polka dots.

6 Likes

hopefully no step’s stool on the step stool

Me, too. My brothers thought I read too many of these comics as a kid.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Same. I hear you.

I ended up getting one of these:

… because being not-tall is challenging enough. I get a bit more height out of this one than the wee stool.

4 Likes

She likes the mobility of the little stool, but it’s definitely not “top of the kitchen cabinets” functional. We joke that when we get around to renovating we’re going to install a library ladder in every room.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize (1)

1 Like

as others have noted, these are $5 in Aldi supermarkets. They are handy and sturdy for what they are.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.