Usha Vance defends husband's weird "cat ladies" insult on Fox News

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/05/usha-vance-defends-husbands-weird-cat-ladies-insult-on-fox-news.html

6 Likes

It’s basically intellectual dishonestly to suggest that I mean what I said rather than what my PR team advises me, in retrospect, that I ought to have said. Have you no decency?

23 Likes

I guess in the Vance household, they have a special language where words don’t mean what normal people think they mean.

“Locker room talk!”

20 Likes

“What was your reaction?”

Does that even count as a “question”?

Is this what people learn in journalism school?

They could tell her, “Now say anything you want”

21 Likes

Cat Ladies for Harris!

10 Likes

She concluded by saying, “Let’s try to look at the real conversation that he’s trying to have and engage with it.”

Actually let’s not. Let’s just loudly proclaim what a lame, weird, sad excuse for a person JD Vance is.

14 Likes

I’m not going to dignify Faux, ball-tanner, or rumored-furniture-molester by watching the interview, but I am 99.99999% certain that there was no discussion, serious or otherwise, on the difficulties of raising children, raising them in the current US socio-economic-political-environmental climate, or how to address these difficulties to reduce child rearing burdens and thereby encourage families to have more kids.

Instead I am sure it was more of the same old “teh wiminz not second class brood mares, must make Gilead real.”

14 Likes

One pays a price, marrying a fascist scumbag like Vance. Watch those fingers, Usha!

9 Likes

Did she happen to discuss her husband defending Trump’s racist notion that an American-born child with a mother of Indian ancestry can’t claim any other identity? Still wondering how her kids feel about that one.

19 Likes

23 Likes

“… he wanted to initiate a substantive conversation about the difficulties of parenting in America.”

No he didn’t.

If he did then he’d be advocating months of paid maternity leave by law. Or that both parents wouldn’t have to work to afford to raise children. Or that we all had affordable health care.

He was just being insulting.

26 Likes

I remember reading a trumpsplainer trumpsplain that when Trump talked about “fake news” he wanted to initiate a substantive conversation (or some such phrase) about misinformation.

8 Likes

I wonder how she explains his penchant for holding the floor of the karaoke bar whenever Bohemian Rhapsody spins.

Maaaaybe Idk GIF by Adam Lambert

3 Likes

I for one am glad to bear witness to the fall of the spouse of Usha.

23 Likes

Anytime somone goes to ‘it’s a joke’ - I think it’s useful to earnestly ask them to explain the joke in detail. Which part of that was the funny part and why? Make them say the quiet parts out loud.

10 Likes

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.