Utah Senate candidate drops new rap track campaign ad

Originally published at: Utah Senate candidate drops new rap track campaign ad | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m Pro-Religious Freedom, Pro-Life, Pro-Police
The right to bear arms and the right to free speech
I want LESS government control and regulation

Couldn’t go three lines without a contradiction. Less government control and regulation…except for women’s body autonomy.

16 Likes

They also never seem to see the contradiction in “we need more police and less government.”

16 Likes

The only candidate this election whose ads I’ve found worth watching is Gary Chamber (Louisiana’s next senator)

serious trigger warnings on this:

20 Likes

Didn’t have to listen to know exactly how it sounded.

Think I vomited in my mouth a little bit…
…kinda took the bad taste away from reading the words

3 Likes

It would almost be cute if it were for the fact that the stuff she is saying is so awful. But that’s how they get you sometimes. It’s how people like Sarah palin or Kim Reynolds get to be governor with their “aw shucks” act.

6 Likes

Well, this came before those lines…

Republican and Awesome!

1 Like

Exactly. And plenty of people who brand themselves moderates or independent will look at her and go “aw, gee, just like my own granny” and ignore she’s the party of insurrectionists, of bigotry, of book banning, of white supremacy. “Why she’s just like the Queen!” they will say, and isn’t that a fucking horrifying thought.

5 Likes

[muffled chanting in the next room]
Her name is Linda Paulson… her name is Linda Paulson…

3 Likes

I’m not a musician, but is it even possible to have a musical time signature of negative 4 over 4? It seems she’s accomplished that.

5 Likes

Those were powerful. We need more of these kinds of ads, hitting hard, hitting constantly.

4 Likes

Is we is, or is we isn’t, gonna turn society into a prison?

Shocked Meagan Good GIF by Harlem

I really hope that guy wins.

5 Likes

Couldn’t go ONE line without a contradiction.

3 Likes

MANY thanks for posting these videos, I was unaware that a voice like Gary Chambers even existed in Black America circa 2022. My Black friends are apathetic about politics and some don’t vote. It’s frustrating

1 Like

Say what you will, she has the white granny rapper vote locked up with that ad. Word!

Merely reading the headline was painful enough (and it’s obvious which party’s candidate we would find “rapping” without clicking). I’m afraid I will die of the cringe if I watch the “performance”. :persevere:

2 Likes

Wow, talk about tone-deaf— literally!

You can just imagine the strategy meetings.

“How can we appeal to younger voters?!”

“We could try being less homophobic, maybe?”

“No, no. But wait! What if, and hear me out, we did a homophobic RAP SONG?!”

3 Likes

Homophobic, transphobic, reactionary, and has racist dogwhistles. What’s the 8 Chan vote like in Utah?

3 Likes