Vaccine conspiracy theorist cardinal hospitalized and on a ventilator due to COVID-19

Now tell me, where is he going to be able to “find” a lawyer to represent him?

(Old lawyer joke: The presumption is that El Diablo and company has a monopoly on them, and are greatly separated the mentioned eternal paradise, that even god couldn’t summon one himself.)

2 Likes

Exactly! Why pray to ask that he do his own will. What else would he do? Who else’s will would he do?
FFS!

3 Likes

Well, it certainly seems contradictory that one would have to beg an omni-benevolent god to do the right thing. Christians seem a bit mixed on whether their god is omni-benevolent, though. The old testament would seem to contradict any such contentions of the Christian god being omni-benevolent other than the claims utterly dependent on “if god does it, that means it’s good” even if god is committing mass genocide by proxy and ordering his followers to forcibly marry (aka rape) captured virgin girls. Blech.

Pretty easy to see where the twisted “everything Trump does is Good!”, no matter how bad it is, thinking came from.

3 Likes

Another example of religion=ego.
Nothing to do with Love and spirituality nor science. These people have a voice but don’t represent anyone but themselves.

1 Like

So you’re saying he’s a sadistic bastard who gets sexual thrills from causing the torture and suffering of as many people as possible?

Well, he is catholic clergy, AND and a vocal antivaxer, so I guess that holds.

5 Likes

Christ what an asshole!

5 Likes

A friend of mine was once asked by a coworker 'Are you Catholic or Christian?" When he got a strange expression of his face while he tried to formulate a response, she dug herself deeper with “I know that you Catholics consider yourselves Christian.”

9 Likes

The omniscience of God has led to some strange doctrines too. Certainly during the Reformation, many Protestants figured out that logically omniscience implied pre-destination. If God knows everything, than He knows who the elect are that will be saved are, and nothing that you do can change that one way or the other.

7 Likes

She also said the biggest obstacle to world peace is abortion.

Lotsa ignorant covidiot godbotherers are going off to meet their makers, or coming mighty close; politicians, too. I bet most even have smallpox vaccine scars. Go figure.

7 Likes

r/LeopardsAteMyFace

6 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. I’ll be praying that he passes quickly.

Much like the old joke about the flood coming. A guy sits on his porch as the neighbours pack up the car and invite him along as the town is evacuated.

“No thanks, I trust God to save me.”

The waters rise and flood the streets. He watches through an open upstairs window as a boat goes by and offers him a lift.

A few hours later, he’s hunched on the rooftop of his nearly-submerged house, and a helicopter lowers a rope ladder.

Then he drowns.

A bit later when he’s meeting God, he asks why he wasn’t saved, and God says

“I sent a car, a boat, and a helicopter. What more did you want?”

16 Likes

maybe a sprinkle of holy water.

1 Like

Unfortunately Science is not as much a dick about this sort of thing as would be truly just.

Didn’t get vaccinated and need ICU care. Sure. Overloaded, but we’ll try to give you the same care as everyone else who actually was responsible.

Hopefully this guy will have a “come to God” moment and revise his position on vaccines as he recovers. Either that, or he has an actual “come to God” moment. I don’t really care at this point as long as it’s one vaccine disinformation a-hole shutting the F up.

6 Likes

He was also tapped to be the spiritual director of a failed venture by Bannon to develop an alt-right academy in an ancient monastery in the foothills of Rome, which has been curtailed by the Italian government.

He prefers to lick the fascist boot rather than kiss the papal ring. Fuck his Eminence.

13 Likes

No, this was Cardinal Sin

Apparently a very nice man, according to my father who knew him back when Sin was still just Father Sin.

11 Likes

I always heard it as “bashing the bishop”

6 Likes

Imagine how fast that would get hacked, and a copy of Doom loaded on it.

13 Likes

Just for some context…

Burke is a notorious right-winger, in the far-right reactionary faction of the college of cardinals. Benedict had given him a central position in the body that adjudicates conflicts between various parts of the church and then elevated him to cardinal. He was on the track to a central leadership position (maybe even Pope?) when Francis took over. Francis completely sidelined him, along with the other far-right cardinals. He’s been spinning his wheels useless in rome for the past eight years.

I’m sure he’s a trumper (he’s an American, born and raised in my home state of Wisconsin) and it’s not surprising that he’s spouting conspiracy theories. As to his death, no man is an island etc etc.

10 Likes

Drake/Geordi top: “PROVEN PROTECTION | GET VACCINATED
Drake/Geordi bottom: “MAGICAL THINKING | PRAY THE ROSARY

I’m in bed, falling asleep. Too lazy to go make it. You know what it looks like.

1 Like