Vaping Colorado congresswoman Lauren Boebert fondled date's penis in theater

she’s tried to handle it with “strength and grace” only to “fall short of my values” at the theater.

No. She fully lived up to her “values” there, FFS.

14 Likes

Guess she has her type.

5 Likes

She’s Republican. He’s Democrat.

I guess this is what they mean by reaching across the aisle?

16 Likes

coming from a republican it is usually a reach around.

13 Likes

And a grandmother too.

Keep reaching for the parking lot lights Lauren!

6 Likes

Old habits die hard.

5 Likes

She’s issued a classic non-apology…

I guess we’re supposed to feel sorry for her now or something??

"The past few days have been difficult and humbling, and I’m truly sorry for the unwanted attention my Sunday evening in Denver has brought to the community. While none of my actions or words as a private citizen that night were intended to be malicious or meant to cause harm, the reality is they did and I regret that.

There’s no perfect blueprint for going through a public and difficult divorce, which over the past few months has made for a challenging personal time for me and my entire family. I’ve tried to handle it with strength and grace as best I can, but I simply fell short of my values on Sunday. That’s unacceptable and I’m sorry.

Whether it was the excitement of seeing a much-anticipated production or the natural anxiety of being in a new environment, I genuinely did not recall vaping that evening when I discussed the night’s events with my campaign team while confirming my enthusiasm for the musical. Regardless of my belief, it’s clear now that was not accurate; it was not my or my campaign’s intention to mislead, but we do understand the nature of how this looks. We know we will have to work to earn your trust back and it may not happen overnight, but we will do it.

I’m deeply thankful to those in the 3rd District who have defended me and reached out this week and offered grace and support when I needed it the most. I’ve learned some humbling lessons these past few days but I vow moving forward, I will make you proud."

21 Likes

Even if we took her at her word (which we obviously shouldn’t) “I have no recollection of or control over my actions” isn’t exactly the kind of defense that one would want to hear from an elected public servant.

27 Likes

“… unlike my actions as a member of Congress …”

18 Likes

Translation: Never expect anything from me other than blatant lies.

11 Likes

Didn’t you read her statement though…she’s sorry!

11 Likes

By being a bigger racist, fascist, and hypocrite than I already was.

16 Likes

But is he a bi-partisan?

3 Likes

So, it turns out the right-wing hysteria about drag shows being “sexual” turns out to just be more projection, because there’s no performance they won’t turn into a public sex thing? (Beyond drag itself being a sexual fetish among cis het conservatives.)

“In my defense, I was just waaaay too stoned to be aware of, or in control of, what I was doing in public, much less remember it. Alternatively, I’m just a complete asshole who does whatever I want with no consideration for other people, then lies about it until I realize there’s video that contradicts my lies. Either way - vote for me!”

Not sure which is more disturbing - that her supporters are fine with the first explanation or the second one. I suspect “I’m an asshole who does whatever I want” is actually the preferred explanation as it’s a core part of the MAGAt appeal.

14 Likes

Her supporters don’t care. She’s got guns and crosses, speaks hate speak, votes the fascist line. But mostly guns, crosses and her physical looks. Any criticism will be seen as the left attacking her, regardless of the truth or her behavior. She can even vote against their direct interests, and they’ll vote for her as long as she attacks some minorities along the way.

14 Likes

If you look up either “amoral” or “trashy” in the dictionary, you’ll see:

Lauren Boebert’s face with Perjury Taylor Greene as the alternative.

Neither of these women are fit for office. But, hey, they’re ReThugliKKKlanners - and that’s how they roll, starting at the top with their Orange Loon.

#NeverVoteRepublican
#TaxTheChurch
#TaxTheRich

6 Likes

I suspect it’s worse than that - they don’t care about the first explanation, but actively support the second one. I’m convinced that a big part of Trump’s appeal, for instance, is that he’s a total asshole who is perceived as getting away with doing whatever he wants (whether it’s being publicly racist, violating political/social norms, not paying his debts, sexual assault…). It’s aspirational for the MAGAts.

11 Likes

The comments I’ve seen from right wing sites have basically boiled down to “We don’t care what she did….what about the Biden Crime Family???”

Zero accountability is fine as long as she’s playing for their team.

11 Likes

So, is there a lewd act criminal charge of some kind coming? Isn’t that what happens to non-congresspeople?

9 Likes

She admitted to vaping, but not to juicing some guy’s beetle.

6 Likes