Vehicle Force Voltron was stupid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/14/vehicle-force-voltron-was-stup.html

giphy

3 Likes

Psychobabble.

1 Like

still about 1,000,000,000 times better than anything Bay ever did with the Transformers.

6 Likes

Robot Chicken did this bit as well.

6 Likes

Vehicle Force Voltron especially fails since the name “Voltron” was a mangled version of the original name “Go Rion”, or “Five Lions” in partial Japanese. There are not only not five lions in Vehicle Force, there are no lions at all… they should have called it “Noltron”.

6 Likes

What about the three robot version of Voltron that everyone thinks they’ve seen but was only ever aired in Japan?

2 Likes

Why would you say that? It was an awesome feat of Industrial toy design and engineering The only problem with the vehicle version was that the toy was too expensive and I never actually got to hold a complete robot. FYI my cousin had one but it stayed on a shelf and I was not allowed to hold it, ever.

3 Likes

At least in this version, the leader specifies who’ll form the head.

5 Likes

Meh. However, the rebooted Voltron on Netflix is pretty damn good.

7 Likes

I didn’t like it because every single episode was:

1. Baddie shows up
  2. They fight him in individual vehicles
  3. They fail
  4. They fight baddie as a big robot
  5. They win

Why not go straight to 4 and be done with it?

4 Likes

ahem - its DAMN FUCKING GOOD.

2 Likes

That was also every episode of Lion Voltron…so really your complaint is with the whole genre I would imagine.

2 Likes

See also:

5 Likes

And at step 4, no one ever tries to interfere with the individual robots joining into the big robot. [At least not that I can remember, except for an episode of the 2011 Voltron Force series.]

1 Like

Um, it’s called CHIVALRY?

7 Likes

Tell that to my 5 year old. I had all of the old Vehicle Force Toys in a box and he loves them. It’s just missing the red plane that was just decoration on the chest. eBay wants $25 for that part alone LOL.

2 Likes

Well who would love a five year old kid $25 worth?

You have a right to your opinion and some may share your opinion but not all,Lion Voltron had more of a fantasy story line and I loved it,it is the one that the majority remembers,Vehicle Voltron had a more scientific story line that most children at the time thought it was boring but as an adult I can see it was a very thought provoking for the time and believe it was targeted for a certain age group in Japan but America just bought the rights to a cartoon just because it was a Super robot cartoon not much research went into it or the Gladiator Voltron as well plus they all were very graphic with bloody scenes of violence that was edited out for American television, if you watched Dierugger/Vehicle Voltron the Japanese version not American version you would probably like it more and this post most likely wouldn’t even be posted.

1 Like

You’re wrong, but that’s ok.