Venting, random

As a general rule, I don’t answer the phone unless I recognize the number.

I knew an associate was working at a site that had just relocated over the weekend so when an unknown number came up with the same area code she works in, I thought I’d better take it.

{slight pause} {giggle} I’m sorry, I needed to adjust my headset…

I am so sick and tired of that stupid robot. You’ve called enough people that your damn headset should be properly adjusted by now. Or get someone to get you a new one. Sheesh.

11 Likes

Heh, I recorded it on my phone after three beers :). I grabbed a condenser from my storage unit and will get audacity installed soon.

I also need to finish the outlines for the rest of the chapters (yes, the burn pile recording is an outline, it ain’t finished, and was written in pen in a single shot with no corrections)

3 Likes

Apparently credit card companies (Wal*Mart) now offer job insurance towards credit card balances of up to $20,000 - as long as you lose your job due to injury or illness.

I do not possess a job at this time and rely on relatives to pay the bills… Told them to call back in another six months, maybe then I’ll have a job they can insure. XD

3 Likes

On the upside, this means you were ineligible for a scam.

I mean, it’s legal - it’s not someone who’s going to take your payment and run away. But the coverage they offer is always along the lines of, “If you pay us 1% of your maximum balance every month, then when you lose your job, we’ll pay 3% of your outstanding balance every month, for up to 3 months”

3 Likes

The last hairdryer I bought came with one of these, and I was all “what dafuq is this thing for?” :confused: (TIL dafuq it’s for. Thanks!) Yet I kept it. Let me know if yours breaks due to experimental storage attempts, and I’ll send you mine. :wink:

7 Likes

The only thing I can find that would seem to work would be this:

You can rest the finger diffuser on the flat bit?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.