Venture Kapitalist Karen loses his lease after complaining that black men were in an office building gym

Nice try

So, in 9 years, when his current lease expires, it will not be renewed. Or it will be, since all this will be long forgotten.

Certainly. I take no offense at Karen. I just find it Lame. How about racist asshole. Cracker, whatever.

“Karen” is not offensive to me. Well, except Maybe aesthetically

Not anymore!

LOL - well played.

Lol - you do know what a boomer is, right? Maybe that has become another played out “joke” that is applied to anyone of any generation who’s (rather benign) opinion you don’t agree with. Of maybe you are being funny, who knows. so many people take themselves so seriously here.

‘Bigot’ covers it all.

1 Like

“Couldn’t happen to a better fella,” works for me.

Maybe they just want to speak to the manager. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Newsflash:

11 Likes

Kevin. ?

So, basically, you just want to control the discourse on an issue that doesn’t affect you and really has nothing to do with you.

Well, aren’t you special.

No, wait, you’re just like every other entitled person who thinks they have the right to do that. Sorry. Got a little confused there.

12 Likes

Yep. Sure must suck to have a name that’s the allowable term of abuse.

I am reminded of this passage from Neal Stephenson’s Cryptonomicon (1999):

“I don’t like the word ‘addict’ because it has terrible connotations,” Root says one day, as they are sunning themselves on the afterdeck. “Instead of slapping a label on you, the Germans would describe you as ‘ Morphiumsüchtig. ’ The verb suchen means to seek. So that might be translated, loosely, as ‘morphine seeky’ or even more loosely as ‘morphine-seeking.’ I prefer ‘seeky’ because it means that you have an inclination to seek morphine.”

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Shaftoe says.

“Well, suppose you have a roof with a hole in it. That means it is a leaky roof. It’s leaky all the time—even if it’s not raining at the moment. But it’s only leak ing when it happens to be raining. In the same way, morphine-seeky means that you always have this tendency to look for morphine, even if you are not looking for it at the moment. But I prefer both of them to ‘addict,’ because they are adjectives modifying Bobby Shaftoe instead of a noun that obliterates Bobby Shaftoe.”

“So what’s the point?” Shaftoe asks. He asks this because he is expecting Root to give him an order, which is usually what men of the talkative sort end up doing after jabbering on for a while. But no order seems to be forthcoming, because that’s not Root’s agenda. Root just felt like talking about words. The SAS blokes refer to this kind of activity as wanking.

Source

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.