Verdict reached in Derek Chauvin's trial: 2nd degree murder guilty, 3rd degree murder, manslaughter guilty

Originally published at: Verdict reached in Derek Chauvin's trial: 2nd degree murder guilty, 3rd degree murder, manslaughter guilty | Boing Boing

28 Likes

Good, let the bastard rot away in his cell.

44 Likes

He looked so puzzled, so stunned. . . . .

29 Likes

I was expecting a not guilty based on the long history of these guys getting exactly that. Glad to see I was wrong.

67 Likes

His eyes were darting across the room

20 Likes

/exhales

44 Likes
24 Likes

49 Likes
52 Likes

“Wait, what? But I’m a cop.”

62 Likes

26 Likes

I think I might cry. My friends and I all got beat on pretty hard last summer and it feels like just maybe it was absolutely worth it.

Let the motherfucker rot.

edit per cannibalpeas

Also, now it’s fingers crossed that he doesn’t get a slap on the wrist like the Jason van Dyke who shot Laquan McDonald in back and then emptied his gun into him then reloaded and shot his lifeless body some more, all within 30 sec of arriving on scene.

:eggplant::policewoman:!

56 Likes

Speaking as a defense attorney:

FUCK this guy. Enjoy prison, motherfucker.

44 Likes

Convicted murderer Derek Chauvin being led away in cuffs.

26 Likes

54 Likes

Shaking, crying, hoarse from screaming.

As they say at the lines “This is what Democracy looks like.” It’s always worth it.

29 Likes

I wouldn’t call him stone-faced. More of a mix between confused and terrified. Guy looked like he was watching a fly zip around the room.

33 Likes

NYT says he could face up to 40 years. I’d heard he’d face a maximum of 12, which seems awfully low for out-and-out murder.

15 Likes

I’ve been weeping in relief and hopefulness since the judge read the first guilty verdict.

28 Likes

Given the US’s problematic history with white supremacy, that he will do any time at all is something just shy of a miracle.

62 Likes