Vice principal in New Jersey threw beer at diners opposing his transphobic wife, now says he's sorry

I think the key thing is that the woman in question could just as easily be cis but not “woman enough” in these days of trans panic and performative gender.
Unless she literally whipped out a penis and started peeing in the sink, there’s no reason to think she’s any different than any of the other women in the bathroom.

11 Likes

I saw this come through either Pink News or LBGTQNation this morning. What made me smile was the bar owner, and the other patrons were not having any of thier transphobic shit. Sounds like the wife’s tranphobic cattle call to harass and attack someone failed to get any takers.

Also, it could have very well been a cis woman in the bathroom. If you have an ostomy, you could empty things with your feet facing the toilet.

25 Likes

When, oh when, will people learn that saying, “I apologize,” is NOT the same thing as actually apologizing???

I wish I owed this guy money, so I could say, “I pay you back.” And then, done.

11 Likes

I got quite light-headed with giggling :joy: Thank you.

4 Likes

To be clear here, he committed assault and battery on video but was not arrested and is still employed in his job at a public school.

29 Likes

Is Whitesville like I think it is? :wink:

4 Likes

Wearing a Superman shirt no less. Does he realize his hero would have swept him off to police custody if he were there? Morons and bigots, smh.

9 Likes

He’s about to learn what happens when Consequence Culture catches up to pieces of shit like this.

10 Likes

But cancel culture!

10 Likes

Like Whitesboro, place names in NJ can be deceiving. :wink:

7 Likes

Hey, thanks, that’s a great link!

At a table with a child at it, no less.

Some of the beer hit Carrie’s boyfriend, with most falling on the table that had the child, she said.
The manager came later, saying police did not need to be called.
Michael Smurro is a vice principal at Neptune Middle School in Neptune Township. The district’s superintendent, Tami Crader, told NJ.com that she had just learned of the incident and it is under investigation.
Police Chief Donna Higbee said that the incident definitely would have been something her officers would respond to. She confirmed no call was made.
Owner Tony Coppola told BreakingAC that he did reach out to the sergeant on duty and they had been trying to track down those who were victims in the incident. But that Carrie said she would not talk to police, which she confirmed.
The restaurant’s owner called it an “unfortunate, ugly incident.”
“We’re going to cooperate with police in any way,” he said. “We don’t condone that type of activity.”
Higbee reached out to the owner Monday and said she was told his team tried to reach out ot the parties involved.
“We always encourage the public to call if there’s an issue,” Higbee said she told him.
She also advised people should call police before something escalates.
Carrie said Fred & Ethel’s did call later to apologize, after she posted the videos.
She said she would not ever talk to police but she believes the manager’s reaction is why the other table didn’t make the call.
Carrie said the manager only went to the other table, and that her table only had the meal “covered in COVID-thrown beer” removed after they were seen not eating it.
“It was overall a completely disgusting experience,” she said.
With the pair identified as both possibly working for a school district, Carrie said she will notify the state.
“He assaulted a table with a child at it,” she said. “He should not be working with children. His wife should especially be far, far, far away from children.”

18 Likes

This whole situation could have been avoided had his wife had the sense to not go snooping on somebody who is urinating. That is not okay.

12 Likes

Ha! Add “Tom-peepery” to the assault and battery charges!

8 Likes

This.

And the complaint was that she was peeing… Which is exactly why people go to restrooms.

I could understand if it was somehow the typical rethuglican fantasy that there was some perverted guy dressed like a woman spying on other restroom users in some perverted sexual way, but someone was using a restroom to relieve themselves…

I’ve been at many a place where women used the men’s room (stalls) when the women’s restroom line was just ridiculous (guys seem to find it amusing), and I’ve had serious bowel distress only to find all the men’s stalls occupied, and cautiously run into a women’s restroom, announcing myself and apologizing before destroying that place, so I wouldn’t shit myself. If you’re there to do what the room is for, I don’t see why anyone cares…

11 Likes

transphobes can fall into a ditch for all I care

4 Likes

I play a lawyer on TV, and that was an unprovoked assault and battery: the threats, the challenge to fight, the beer toss.

Forget him losing his job (which he will). This is open and shut case: he should be losing his liberty: in NJ, a six-month [maximum] sentence.

9 Likes

I read it as:
Robin Hood hat on a Friar Tuck body.

5 Likes

I’m not going to watch the video. But I’m at a loss for words.

In a society in which everyone has a movie studio in their pocket (figuratively speaking), why would you risk your career in this manner?

Rhetorical: yes, he was drunk, etc. But still: actions have consequences. Why do this?

3 Likes

Because at no point in the past have people been held accountable for this kind of shit, and the people who have been doing it as second nature for years can’t even conceive of being held responsible.

9 Likes