Video: A woman in Alaska springs into action when she notices a rockslide coming toward her

Originally published at: Video: A woman in Alaska springs into action when she notices a rockslide coming toward her | Boing Boing

8 Likes

When do people become the named for the media that they are using? She has a name no?

over-here-waving

15 Likes

Yeesh. Even being near the edge of that could be deadly. The boulders are terrifying, but a 4” rock to the head could easily lay you out.

14 Likes

F$#% ME!

Literally the same words out of my mouth whenever I’ve been in an accident or stuck between a rock and a hard place.

ETA: Almost forgot, the time I was hit by the pickup truck and broke my back, it was like this year’s Grammys. I couldn’t get the CK out. :wink:

19 Likes

But most importantly, she made sure to always keep the camera pointed at her rather than at the landslide, because of course it’s always all about her.

2 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

17 Likes

Here you go, rocks sliding

10 Likes

If only she had stood there bravely to film the rocks tumbling down on her valiant sacrifice. Much more impactful that way.

16 Likes

That driver was “literally” (over used term) saved from being between hard place and rocks!!

That video footage is literally spectacular!

4 Likes

Sarah Palin could see the slide from Russia.

4 Likes

Yeah, she totally has an obligation to film whatever people on the Internet want her to film. How dare she film what she wants?

6 Likes

fozzy-ffs

7 Likes

She makes no effort to keep the camera pointed at herself, she just doesn’t aim it at the rockslide while she is making sure she is safe. Can you maybe use not wanting to needlessly risk her life for your “women, so vain” narrative instead, or do you want to save it for the next time one dares share a video of herself?

13 Likes

But this is all about you now. Well done.

10 Likes

This is tangential, but why do Alaska accents have so much in common with Minnesota accents? Those flattened "O"s, etc.?

These folks and Sarah Palin sound like they could be from Mankato.

2 Likes

the link to the tictok page leads to a grid of tiles, with no indication of which is the one the article refers to.

why do you not link directly to the one in question?

Mission accomplished.

3 Likes

You know this is not a newspaper, right?

5 Likes

Welcome to BB; a free forum where we have authors and contributors, not “journalists.”

O_o

7 Likes

Now that I’ve watched the video, I’m impressed with how well she kept the camera on the landscape behind her where the original, smaller rock slide was happening, until she stopped, thinking the worst was over, shifted her phone/camera in her hands, and then realized a bigger rock slide was just starting, at which point, sure, we saw more of her in her panic to get the hell out of Dodge. She still had the presence of mind to protect the man driving toward the danger.

And it sounds, from the start of the video, that it was originally meant to be educational about the topography there.

Final ruling: no vanity, all practicality and heroism.

9 Likes