'Video Killed the Radio Star' by Walk off the Earth feat. Sarah Silverman

Amazing! Thank you @cahutchins and @Lexicat.

1 Like

I loved her stint on Greg the Bunny as the hard-assed network exec!

1 Like

I’m not surprised she can sing, but I have to admit I am a bit surprised that she appeared in a more or less earnest cover of a song and played it straight.

Always has been.

1 Like

It totally was; luv them and the energy they bring to performing.

1 Like

hope
grumblegrumble
hope

I was going to say ‘they need to record that properly in a studio/their bedroom’ …
And then I saw it was dated 2006 and figured it may be too late and they may not have had the tech then for a decent bedroom recording …
And then I got excited about a weblink for the group and thought ‘perhaps they did’ …
And then I saw it was Myspace (recently lost all its recordings) so even if they had recorded it, it’s gone …
A mini roller-coaster of emotion. What the web gives, the web takes away.

(ETA So it didn’t become a mondegreen thread after all. But ref ‘Olive’s a seal’…)

I’m here to be the person I don’t wanna be. This version by Trevor Horn’s co-writer Bruce Woolley is the original

5 Likes

Thank you all. It’s really kind of a perfect pop song, isn’t it? All these different versions are delightful.

2 Likes

Nevertheless, the Buggles’ version is still the first video ever aired on Mtv.

And yet…

4 Likes

If you like this sort of thing Todd in the Shadows took a great look at the Buggles version in his One Hit Wonderland series.

Todd has been hit by some unfair takedown notices because YouTube tweaked their algorithm, but this is still up and is really interesting.

2 Likes

But for the most interesting version, please see Bruce ‘Baby Man’ Baum’s instant classic, “Marty Feldman Eyes”.

2 Likes

Have you considered the possibility that for many people, using any form of technology is either not possible or forbidden?
My current and previous job involved driving cars, and my job before that totally forbid the use of any technology other than work computers that were highly restricted as to what access was allowed, for financial and data security.
There are also many, many other jobs, restaurants, shops, health work, etc.
Just sayin’, like…

1 Like

Just pure, unadulterated delight, and, IMHO, far better than Buggles original.

2 Likes

Ain’t no woman like the one-eyed Gott!

1 Like

That’s simply a parody, not a Mondegreen.

1 Like

This is the real best cover.

2 Likes

Trevor Horn “invented the 80s” - that’s all we need to know!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.