Video of Elon Musk getting booed on stage at Dave Chappelle's show last night was removed from Twitter (here's a copy)

It would be nice to get rid of that w. Maybe “Randian” instead of “Right-wing?” Certainly applies to Elon, anyway.

6 Likes

They’re one and the same at this point.

16 Likes

The wretch can afford self improvements, what can they cost, $10M?

16 Likes

Confused Arrested Development GIF

20 Likes

You meanTERF ( / tɜːrf /) is an acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist?
Dave used to be funny, but now he seems to be a bully

2 Likes

Welcome to life outside your bubble of sycophants, Elmo. Stay a while—you might learn something.*
*He won’t learn.

bubble boy bus

7 Likes

“It sounds like some of the people you fired are in the audience”

Uhhh yeah statistically likely. Great joke!

22 Likes

I’ve been partial to “TERD” (the D standing for “dickhead”).

19 Likes

I am tired of hearing about both of these attention seeking muthafuckas.

29 Likes

Elote Musk?
except, Mexican street corn is actually a very good thing.
Musk, not so much.

11 Likes

I know a lot of people have legitimately switched to TER. My inclination has been to keep TERF, but the F is for fascist.

12 Likes

“Cheers and boos, I see,” Chappelle said after Musk walked on stage.

Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS

14 Likes

Apparently “goblin mode” includes time to support your friends’ solo community theater and improv night shows?

14 Likes

A while ago Humbabella made what I think is a very insightful point, that Musk has been living in a simulation. Everything he does, all the effort and consequences are still there, but his money has insulated him from them to the point where functionally he has been in a very easy alternate reality. This is actually the simulation breaking down and giving him a taste of the real universe around him.

Congratulations on escaping, Musk! Out here people know you’re a selfish, bigoted idiot and they don’t have to like you or laugh at your jokes.

31 Likes

Ecob Husk

6 Likes

It makes me think about an interview (Fresh Air?) with Mike Judge when made Extract. It was brought up that it was considered a “companion piece” to Office Space, but from a management perspective. He reflected on his changing stresses and experiences and how he found himself writing about the “other side” of the equation, and seemed to have successfully navigated not falling down the punching down trap.

5 Likes

Opportunity knocks once.
Humility is more persistent.
I doubt he’ll listen though.

11 Likes

Who found it odd, people who don’t know that country has been a vacation destination for Black people for decades? That country has been widely promoted for tourism (natural/political) as well as a haven for expats.

11 Likes

My understanding is that the term TERF was created within feminist communities that were fighting around the question of trans inclusion (and exclusion) much earlier than most of mainstream culture.

There may be earlier examples but there have been TERFs since at least the early 90s, perhaps the most famous being the ones behind the trans-exclusionary rules adopted by the Michigan Womyn’s Festival in 1991.

I’m guessing that as more mainstream culture has been forced to acknowledge trans folks’ demands for acceptance and inclusion, the pre-existing term TERF has been overapplied to really any transphobic person regardless of their feminist status.

Now here we are perhaps further overapplying it because while musk is definitely transphobic it’s just one of his many awful character traits and is only the focus here because of his appearance alongside Dave Chapelle.

7 Likes

Well back in 2005 it hadn’t yet been such a destination for “decades” because apartheid hadn’t been over for decades.

I’m specifically remembering snarky comments about the South Africa thing being made on the Daily Show and elsewhere at the time.

2 Likes