Video of kidnapping attempt badly backfiring on perpetrators

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/video-of-kidnapping-attempt-ba.html

7 Likes

7 Likes

something wrong with the embedded video, just a black empty box in my browser (MacOS, Chrome)

8 Likes

I was glad that frauenfelder included a blow-by-blow account in the post, as I too was unable to watch the video.

8 Likes

Me too. I clicked through to Reddit.

3 Likes

I’ve seen weirder things. Adrenalin is a hell of a drug.

5 Likes

It’s hosted on “peertube.video”, which I’m guessing may have capacity issues right now as it is not working for me either.

3 Likes

I wanna get kindnapped too! What do they do? Take you somewhere and give you neck massages and pies and a puppy to stroke?

1 Like

working for me now, in safari on my iphone.

my guess is this is Brazil, because, well, Brazil.

4 Likes

I got as far as getting a message letting me know that the video is hosted/distributed through a peer-to-peer network, which may affect performance and which also means that other people on the network will know my IP is watching the video, at which point I closed the window.

5 Likes

Took a few seconds to get past the black box for me (also on a Mac).

3 Likes

More video and story on the daily fail

4 Likes

I was hit, thrown into the air, and came down on the pavement, fracturing and compressing my L1 vertebra. I was so pumped, I kept trying to sit up and get the license plate. As @spetrovits points out, Adrenalin is a hell of a drug.

12 Likes

Damn!!! Hope you got better.

But yes, there are many cases of people continuing to fight even with mortal wounds.

3 Likes

Luckily, a stable fracture, but that vertebra is only half as tall as before. It’s going to affect me for life, but not enough for any disability help.

5 Likes

This is why you should buy garage doors that close like Imperial blast doors.

2 Likes

Following through the links, this happened Mexico City.

¡Ay güey!

3 Likes

Video didn’t work for me either…This YouTube works fine though.

2 Likes

I read an account from a police officer who was attempting to arrest people who were preying on folk sneaking across the boarder in to San Diego. The officer shot a bloke using a shotgun, at extremely short range. The man who had been shot just sort of looked surprised, and then ran off in to the night. When they found the guy, the officer said he had a hole through his torso large enough to throw a cat through (I assume at “1 Cat” is the forensically correct way of measuring wounds). Adrenaline is indeed one hell of a drug.

2 Likes

Anyone living in South America and wealthy enough to be the target of kidnappers, likely would be wealthy (and fearful) enough to have their vehicle ‘hardened’. The victim’s SUV bashed through and continued up the street like a tank. An urban tank.

6 Likes