Video shows naked murder suspect chasing police officer

There’s a huge gap between “blowing suspect away” and “running away from dangerous suspect, allowing him to attack others” (which is what happened). Neither are good policing.

Which is a big problem with US policing - if you go into every situation prepared only for a major gunfight, you’re unprepared for the situation unless you initiate a major gunfight.

21 Likes

I’m just impressed by the size of the guys pixels.

12 Likes

DRUGS GIVE YOU SUPER POWERS

7 Likes

I dunno; how much is it selling for?

6 Likes

There’s something about a man in uniform.

2 Likes

Look at statistics of fatalities in encounters with law enforcement, sorted by race. It’s not an assumption

18 Likes

Are you sure you wanted a semi-colon there?

Perhaps he didn’t want to ruin the guy’s birthday suit?

Well if YOU have a gun and you start wrestling with the guy, he just might get a gun. And that would be bad.

3 Likes

Does this officer have a history of shooting unarmed African-American suspects? Does this police force have a history of that? Unless you can show either of those points, this whole BB article should be called out for the baiting it is trying to achieve.
You complain, justly, that police forces use unreasonable force against individuals (whites too, though far less frequently then blacks and hispanics) but then, when the police act reasonably, you blame them for acting that way because the suspect was white.
Praise the policing that was done (mostly) properly rather than treating all police as some malevolent force hell-bent on shooting black men. I won’t say this should be an instructional video for policing (it’s more of a Monty Python sketch, unfortunately), but at least the restraint and outcome should be acknowledged.

1 Like

Are you sure you wanted a hyphen in your semicolon?

17 Likes

14 Likes

You’re white… so you can afford to be… optimistic.

20 Likes

No one here is calling for the police to have murdered the fellow.

Yes, and…?

13 Likes

The only two causes of death in the general public that are higher than the lifetime risk of African American men being killed by cops are heart disease and cancer. Higher than stroke, higher than respiratory disease, higher than infectious diseases.

So you could say that the risk of African-American men of being killed by cops is (almost) as serious as a heart attack.

Correction: Don’t mix numbers from different data sets!

19 Likes

If I have learned anything from Underdog, it is this truth.

7 Likes

And . . . oblivious.

14 Likes

Obviously, I don’t know anything about the specific circumstances or what is going through the cop’s mind. But from my perspective, the first thought that comes to mind is “of course he’s running away, (Republican-type) Americans are much more terrified of dongs than they are of guns”.

I’m not saying that as a joke, either. If you’re not as into dongs as I am, it might not be obvious just how terrified of (and correspondingly fascinated by) dicks a certain type of American man is. It’s truly demented, and surely linked with the bonkers performative masculinity that underpins so much of this group’s crime.

11 Likes

Now there’s an idea!

3 Likes

semi%20wink

14 Likes