VIDEO: Trump failing to get Mexican president on voicemail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/video-trump-failing-to-get-me.html

4 Likes

Yea, we always yuk it up when some politician can’t work the electronics. But we didn’t elect Trump to work the phone. We elected him to grab pussy and build a border wall and disrespect Hillary Clinton.

17 Likes

This whole pretending-to-dump-NAFTA thing is deeply weird.

18 Likes

IMG_4043

7 Likes

He just wants an excuse to rename NAFTA, piss on it and call it his.

12 Likes

Every thing about this guy is deeply weird. I mean he simply doesn’t have a clue about anything. He sits there befuddled by the telephone and acts like its not him, but everyone else. He’s so fucking smug I just want to see someone come from off camera and smack him in the face and knock him into next Tuesday.

15 Likes

18 Likes

When you are an idiot, everyone around you is an idiot…

3 Likes

26 Likes

It’s layer upon layer of farce. In other words, perfectly Trumpian.

5 Likes

Also I am amazed, not in a good way, in his basic lack of conversation skills.

He was greeted and asked a question, but ignorantly bumbled on into his ramblings without any setup or basic dialog initiation.

Pity that poor translator.

I just always have this image in my head when I hear him talking:

12 Likes

Well, you’re getting two of the three probably :wink:

(IMHO i’d be astounded if any real progress to the mythical Trump wall™ ever happens at all, it was an obvious lie to get elected…)

He’s trying so hard to project an air of class and authority but only comes across as a giant douche and pretentious asshole. Because that’s what he is.

Christ, what a pretentious asshole.

8 Likes

Hello United States, you have reached Mexico. Please call back when you have a different president.

17 Likes

This just seems symptomatic of his complete inability to think anything through.

1. Shitcan NAFTA
  2. decide to call President of Mexico
  3. summon media so they can watch him being all presidential and shit
  4. attempt to call PoM, but end up looking like a chump
6 Likes

True, but in a way he’s right to think that his constant fuckups don’t matter. As with previous fuckups, most of us will have forgotten this one by tomorrow, as we focus instead on his latest daily outrage.

3 Likes

I have a phone on my desk at work and I have no idea how to use it. I’ve never made a call on it for ten years now.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot step five:
5. GOTO 1.

So, the general version is

1. Make shitty decision
  2. summon media so they can watch him being all presidential and shit
  3. attempt to enact shitty decision
  4. look like a chump instead
  5. GOTO 1.
8 Likes

He really needs a win right now.

2 Likes