Videos of things being crushed by high heels

Pretty sure “switching the wiring back and forth” involves altering people’s neural pathways somehow. Even if medication is used i’m not sure it’s an ethical avenue for research given that they’re not treating a disease or accepted psychological condition.

Brains are way too complicated for that. It’s not even necessarily “wiring” (which sort of implies there’s a hard link between the two areas). Neurotransmitters have to jump a short gap to get from one neuron to another, and some of them float and and float free around the brain. There are systems in the brain to collect these and stop them from affecting other things, but they aren’t fast acting. For a good example, a lot of depression drugs are SSRI - Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors - they inhibit the reuptake system for serotonin, meaning there is more serotonin just floating around everywhere (more than there would be without the drug, there’s always some).

So you interact with feet, it activates some part of your brain, some chemicals move around, some of them get free, float around, interact with other neurons they weren’t supposed to, happen to be the chemical that makes those neurons fire, and next thing you know you’re turned on. In terms of wiring it would be more like if the wiring in my home was inducing currents in the wiring in your home via magnetic fields. The only way to “separate” those would be to physically move them further apart.

People can fetishize pretty much anything but I can buy there may be a biological reason why this fetish seems so common. I guess I’d want to validate this by seeing if it was common cross-culturally.

3 Likes

A similar cross-wiring theory is proposed as to why some people sneeze when they walk out from darkness into sunlight, and strong mint flavors make them sneeze as well.

3 Likes

Lol i just noticed he did.

4 Likes

I think it’s likely that most of those views are from kids who will watch literally anything that has their favourite character in it.
My son is three and if you told him that video was the new Spiderman movie he wouldn’t think it was odd that Spiderman was hanging out with Disney princesses or that they all lived in a suburban house together.
I’ve seen younger kids that are able to unlock an iphone, open youtube and just start hitting whatever “recommended video” has the most colourful thumbnail image. That’s a pretty big audience, especially when you consider that there’s no language barrier if you don’t have dialogue.

You tell yourself anything you need to…

1 Like

I feel like this should be accompanied with Frank Zappa’s Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy.

1 Like

I was saving that for the “Videos of things being peed on” thread.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Russian is spoken there but, Google Translate works well.

Spasibo, Amerikanski.

1 Like

Zach Weinersmith / www.smbc-comics.com

4 Likes

Was just about to bring this up! Is there a name yet for fetishizing cybernetics?

Cuz I dooooo…

2 Likes

Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English); now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!’ (for when she looked down at her feet, they seemed to be almost out of sight, they were getting so far off). Oh, my poor little feet, I wonder who will put on your shoes and stockings for you now, dears? I'm sure I shan't be able! I shall be a great deal too far off to trouble myself about you: you must manage the best way you can; --but I must be kind to them,' thought Alice, or perhaps they won’t walk the way I want to go! Let me see: I’ll give them a new pair of boots every Christmas.’

And she went on planning to herself how she would manage it. They must go by the carrier,' she thought; and how funny it’ll seem, sending presents to one’s own feet! And how odd the directions will look!

ALICE'S RIGHT FOOT, ESQ.
            HEARTHRUG,
                NEAR THE FENDER,
                    (WITH ALICE'S LOVE).

Oh dear, what nonsense I’m talking!’

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.