Vintage internal security posters, pried loose from the NSA's archives

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/04/nyet-2.html

6 Likes

These are actually quite good for a government entity.

“Security Fever” LOL

8 Likes

I’zz like pride but me like prized but to pried loose is…
every witch way…

1 Like

Replace that microfilm with a micro SD card in the nickel poster and it would be current.

8 Likes

Wow! Those are gorgeous; beautifully designed and straight out of Scarfolk.

10 Likes

Yeah I came here to say that this one is directly Scarfolk

11 Likes

An alternative strapline could be, “Keep it safe, dummy.”

(Cultural Note: a “dummy” is a “pacifier” in UK English).

6 Likes

When I worked in the five sided funny farm, we used to have these great stickers on our phones: There was an illustration of a telephone handset and the cord was draped over a hammer and sickle. “Remember this phone may be a party line. Do not discuss classified information.”

8 Likes

That’s a bit on the kinky side.

4 Likes

The security posters are all well and good, but I’m surprised that no one has yet expressed dismay at the pilgrim “Men must be governed by god, or they will be ruled by tyrants” image. It sends chills down my spine; this a government agency, using our tax dollars to specifically command religious adherence.

12 Likes

If you think that’s bad, seven US states, including mine, have unconstitutional laws requiring anyone holding public office believe in an imaginary comfort blanket superstition. Fortunately for me, I’ve never wanted to work for the government.

7 Likes

I’ve not heard than one before. Thank you for enriching my day.

4 Likes

Except for the ones with blatant political/religious overtones, a lot of them aren’t all that different from their contemporary counterparts. Someone could probably make a graphics design thesis out of this.

The ones with quotes from the President or VP at the time are also interesting. I can’t imagine what a Trump (or even Pence) poster would say. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the IOS, combination-lock baby pacifiers will now me marketed.

4 Likes

5 Likes

The safeword is “Security”.
But I’m already sensing a flaw with saying that…

4 Likes

Hmmm, you have a point there…

4 Likes

What about tyrants under God?

6 Likes

As long as it’s one nation, no problem.

6 Likes

Contracted out, no doubt.

2 Likes