Violin medley of Star Trek themes, 1966-2020

i think they forgot about the music from the part where darth vader is on the battleship galactica. you know, the one that went “flash! aaaaaaaah!”

7 Likes

As a live sound engineer and musician I completely understand the worn electric violin thing. Even so, something about the worn violin just bugs me. I’m such a Luddite.

2 Likes

If you blink, you’ll miss it: she has “Seven of Nine’d” her shih tzu.
This is not canon on so many levels!

9 Likes

Very nice indeed! Yet for all my quatloos ‘string instrument’ and TOS is the classic heavy Vulcan cello (?) theme. Heard here mind melding with Nomad (starting after about 10 seconds). That sucker always takes me back to watching on the old radiation-king-6000 -sigh-

2 Likes

This was wonderful. I get such an emotional thrill from the Voyager theme, the show got me through a messy divorce (on re-watch of course, it had long since been over) and it’s always been my favorite in any case. And I love how they worked the theme from Enterprise in and how much better it sounds as an orchestral piece instead of a smaltzy pop song.

6 Likes

I had violin lessons as a child. I switched to the viola to make my limited talents more useful. Anything that means you don’t have to put effort into helping the dmn thing where it is supposed to be gets my vote. This is supposed to be the future, innit?

2 Likes

Could listen to that all day and never get tired of it.

3 Likes

They missed a theme:

6 Likes

I’ll just wait here and watch as some people write incredibly detailed flame posts about how that wasn’t true at all. They get really wound up when you forget to mention about his screwdriver and the force.

Side note - I remember immediately geeking out when the TNG program used the movie theme. It was friggin brilliant.

1 Like

Same here. Thinking back on the exercises in holding it up without using hands makes me wish I’d had the futuristic version!

2 Likes

7 of K9 is adorable!

8 Likes

The Voyager theme has always been one of my favourites (not so much the show itself) and it sounds particularly lovely here. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

No Lower Decks?!

3 Likes

Oooh, is it time for the weekly “Voyager was good/bad debate”? Hold on, let me get my Neelix furry feet slippers.

Side note - I watched DS9, all of it, for the first time at the start of the pandemic. I totally get what I was missing now. And it watches fantastically as a splurge run. If you haven’t, and you like Trek in general, at least give it a try. As much as I like Picard and, yes, Janeway, Sisko is the most fully fleshed out captain in the entire series.

2 Likes

Chris Westlake’s opening theme is classic Trek.

2 Likes

And while we’re at it:

3 Likes

There seems to be a lot of good will toward Voyager lately and as i said recently, there were a number of highlights (i find season 5 to be particularly good in my rewatch) the episodic nature spoils it.

Is it just me… Or does her violin look like a bird of prey?

1 Like

I don’t have a Netflix account so I don’t know whether it fits the show, but to me the Discovery theme tune doesn’t go with the others. While the rest of them sound serene, Discovery’s sounds far too aggressive for a Star Trek theme tune.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.