Virginia woman threatens to "bring every single gun loaded and ready" to school over mask mandate

Yes, yes we do. And the really sad part is that if the cops are there on Monday, most would absolutely take her side. This is one of the 2A “Sanctuary Areas.” MAGAt central.

24 Likes

These people should not be allowed to own firearms.

17 Likes

It may be that she can say that - but the google machine says:

“ In Virginia, a person with a concealed handgun permit can legally have a loaded, concealed handgun while in their vehicle on school property as long as the permit holder stays in the vehicle and the handgun remains

26 Likes

Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - The Canyons of Your Mind

10 Likes

I truly do not envy school board members that have to put up with this kind of crap while trying to make schools as safe as possible during a pandemic. Thanks Trumpkin for helping make this moment possible.

10 Likes

My opinion is that that most private citizens are not responsible enough to own firearms, particularly handguns and semi-automatic rifles, and definitely not in the quantities they currently do. But some dudes wrote some stuff a couple hundred years ago, and some other (mostly) dudes interpreted that stuff over the years, and here we are. Sigh.

13 Likes

Does this mean they just have to shoot from their car?

4 Likes

That section of the law doesn’t reference the legality of shooting others.

14 Likes

mostly scalia. the individualized right to bear arms without restriction isn’t in the second amendment but he wrote the majority opinion to pretend it is

the nra was pro gun control until the seventies, and reagan himself ( may god never let his soul rest ) advocated for gun control as governor. things like stand your ground bs is even more recent

it’s all (relatively speaking) recent, although many have grown up now thinking being awash with guns and wannabe cowboys is both normal and historical

19 Likes

Most people should not be allowed to own firearms.

13 Likes

every single gun loaded

Well, of course. What use would they be if they were unloaded? It takes serious effort to beat someone to death with a gun but a single cartridge in the chamber will get the job done pronto.

24 Likes

From my own experience, we rapidly build up a tolerance to White Privilege, until we don’t even notice it; until someone points out to us that we are tripping balls and spouting shite. Some of us hope to respond well to this prognosis, and make attempts to wean ourselves off it. Others just double down.

26 Likes

Would she be willing to shoot someone over the school’s dress codes as well?

11 Likes

See? Now, this is why they don’t want to enact gun control laws in order to stop people from bringing guns to school.
/s

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed.

18 Likes

So if her comments weren’t intended as a threat, what was her intention?

23 Likes

Bold enough to threaten to bring loaded guns to school but immediately vacates the podium when told her time is up. Interesting. That ups the nutcase factor right there.

6 Likes

I think that is left as an exercise to the reader.

I can’t imagine literally any other intention other than to use the implicit (or explicit) threat of violence to get someone to capitulate.

I can imagine a lot of really dumb excuses though. Which in follow up articles, I am sure we will hear about.

11 Likes

I’m going to come to your house and kill you for saying that!

(Before you flag this, ask if you’re perceiving it as intended.) :roll_eyes:
Assholes. Srsly, imagine, for example, a Muslim person saying this at the same meeting.

23 Likes