Virginia woman threatens to "bring every single gun loaded and ready" to school over mask mandate

Originally published at: Virginia woman threatens to "bring every single gun loaded and ready" to school over mask mandate | Boing Boing

19 Likes

The terrorist right. If they don’t get their way, if their trantrums fail, they’ll threaten you with their guns. Because nothing says responsible gunowner like a Bring Your Guns to School Day because you’re pissed about your kid having to wear a mask during a global pandemic.

I hope they do take her seriously. I hope she shows up with all her guns loaded. And I hope to see her getting dragged off in cuffs. None of which will actually happen, because she’s a white conservative in America, and we “wouldn’t want to piss them off and make things worse.”

It only gets worse because you let them get away with it.

80 Likes

Must be nice to be white and make threats to a school and still be treated with kid gloves.

61 Likes

Please, Virginia, don’t turn into Florida or Texas! Please!?!?!?!

Hoping this Youngkin will pass less painfully than a kidney stone.

28 Likes

Nothing says “I am passionate about the wellbeing of my child” like threatening a school shooting in retaliation against the people trying to keep that child from contracting or spreading a deadly disease.

81 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

33 Likes

"… was not intended the way it was perceived. "

Straight from the arrested 1/6 insurrectionist boo-hoo playbook.

48 Likes

trumpkin youngkin’s crew perpetuating the insanity:

20 Likes

In a statement from Luray Police, they said King realized what she said "and immediately contacted law enforcement to apologize because the statement was not intended the way it was perceived. "

WTF?? How exactly should it be “perceived?” “Do what i say or I am bringing a bunch of guns, loaded and ready.” Paint this into an innocent political commentary, I challenge you. Of course, if she was not shite (this should be white, but I am leaving it, because this is also true) and right wing, she would be in jail or dead “resisting arrest” by now. But she is and angry white woman, so it’s all good.

Just to clarify, this is my home turf, we see this attitude every fucking day, and it is exhausting.

60 Likes

Shame if she ventured into the caverns, got lost and was never heard from again…

19 Likes

Damn shame that would be…

17 Likes

You beat me to it.

White privilege MUST be one helluva drug, because muthafuckas be straight trippin’ on it…

66 Likes

Shame if she ventured into the caverns, got lost and was never heard from again…

I think she’s already done that. It’s just that they’re the caverns in her mind.

28 Likes

Needless to say, absolutely nothing will happen to her. I mean, she SAID she’s sorry for making a terrorist threat. Geez.

27 Likes

There –– fixed that for you.

23 Likes

OF COURSE she took a picture like this.

OFCOURSEOFCOURSEOFCOURSEOFCOURSEOFCOURSEOFCOURSE

54 Likes

i thought i saw a story elsewhere saying that the feds were now investigating this, so maybe something good will come of it. because christ, what an asshole.

38 Likes

Yeah, I just don’t know how this could be ignored.*

“2706. Terroristic threats.
(a) Offense defined.–A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to:
(1) commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another;
(2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation; or
(3) otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience.”

*Yeah, yeah, we all know why her non apology replaced an investigation.

40 Likes

This kind of intimidation and bullying is happening all over the country. The white supremacists and fascists are working off a template. The goal is to get existing board members to quit using the pretext of protesting angrily against mask and vaccine mandates and then take over the district.

35 Likes

Well my kids would not be there on Monday.
Snow Day GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

12 Likes