Vivek Ramaswamy says he would let Putin keep the part of Ukraine he stole

He’s got a rhetorical foreign policy all lined up and ready to go, but the real world keeps interfering.

6 Likes

Truly… and possibly hopes that his comment will yield the same sort of election-time help Putin provided to Trump. Anything to fuck with the US.

2 Likes

Tfd108 Idk GIF by Tacoma FD

5 Likes

… and Alaska probably

5 Likes

No, I don’t think even he would go that far. Russia sold Alaska to the US long before the communist revolution and the USSR. I think he’s trying to recreate the Russia of his young adulthood, which means the USSR.

4 Likes

Poland, Finland, the whole Czarist Russian Empire. For starters. He and one or more of his mouthpieces have said as much.

3 Likes

So he’s in favour of ceding the parts of the US that are predominantly Spanish speaking to Spain, then??

3 Likes

Whatever it is that he wants would change if he got it anyway. Victories are not known for satisfying conquerors.

7 Likes

For all we know, between COVID and Ukraine and whatnot, Vova and Donnie were just too busy to finalise (i.e. haggling over Donnie’s commission) the deal for buying Alaska back. Ah well, they thought, there is always next term.

3 Likes

of course, the duma is for show.

4 Likes

I agree but that’s a novel policy for any American politician.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.