Vivek Ramaswamy says he would let Putin keep the part of Ukraine he stole

Originally published at: Ramaswamy wants to let Putin keep stolen Ukraine land

3 Likes

Of course he would. He’s trying to be Biff’s running mate, and appeasing Russian fascists is a critical part of that job.

13 Likes

Somehow that reminds me of something in history, but I don’t think it worked out too well.

7 Likes

If what I’ve read is correct, rural areas in eastern Ukraine have always been Ukrainian-speaking (and the historic Ukrainian-speaking area extends into Russia), while the cities became Russian-speaking because of mass migration of industrial workers from Russia and other parts of the USSR.

7 Likes

What is the second part even supposed to mean? He makes it sound like Russia is sitting at China’s table in the junior high school cafeteria.

9 Likes

Ooh, perhaps a new moniker is in order. Vivek Ramswamy, con artist, interrupter, and appeaser.

5 Likes

“Piece in our time!”

3 Likes
5 Likes

Is this cretin a real candidate or just republicans scrapping the scum at the bottom of the barrel to see what drops from there?

4 Likes

Territory-grabbing despots are famous for honoring the terms of any appeasement deals thrown their way.

10 Likes

Both.

4 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ what a delusional dick. A fucking moronic goon.

1. “I’m not giving them land, I’m giving them a deal.” - yeah, A DEAL THAT INCLUDES LAND!

2. Point is moot, Russia isn’t going to sever ties with China (even though it honestly isn’t the strongest. And there is zero way to enforce that.

3. Point is moot because Ukraine won’t agree to that deal. Yes they would suffer with out US support, but either a) the EU and other NATO members will have to step up or b) they will just make do with what they have and have more of them die to defend their land.

4. Ukraine is a democracy (with some corruption issues, but at least they appear to be working on it) and a sovereign nation. You don’t just get to dictate what happens to them.

12 Likes

Ask yourself how Putin looks at this. I’m sure he’s perfectly happy to keep what he took, but from his perspective he doesn’t need anyone’s permission.

And he’s perfectly happy to have a pro-Russia stooge in the White House, but he’s the one in command, not the stooge. Under Ramaswamy the US would become a Russian puppet state, at Putin’s direction.

9 Likes

From Putin’s perspective, Ukraine is a part of Russia. Not was, but is. So are Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and the Baltic States. Not to mention the central Asian stans. He is clearly trying to recreate the USSR.

9 Likes

Just without the communist part…

5 Likes

To be fair, it wasn’t really communist for very long except in name.

4 Likes

True. What he’s really trying to do is re-create the Russian empire of the Tsars. The Soviet empire was also a variation on that theme.

7 Likes

Vivek Ramswamy, con artist, interrupter, and appeaser.

You forgot unapologetic worm in all that…

worm total physical response GIF by ALO7.com

5 Likes

“Ukraine isn’t a democracy, so it’s OK for me to give away parts of it to Russia, which is a thoroughly democratic state with free and fair elections, a robust multi-party system, and a profound respect for human rights and international law.”

7 Likes

Since Putin has allowed state religious persecution to go on, is Vivek similarly OK for Ukraine or anyone else to freely invade Russia?

4 Likes