Vlogger visits Los Angeles establishents with 1-star Yelp ratings

We had a perfectly fine Mimi’s Cafe in our town, and then the chain started to go under and suddenly the food went from house-made to Sysco or whatever. So, they closed. Soon it will be a generic “Asian Buffet”. I went to one of those once, in a nearby town. When we went inside, it smelled like rotting fish and toilet stench. My husband insisted we eat there. Yes, we were quite ill, afterward. I do not hold out any high hopes for this new dump. Why is it that buffet restaurants are so uniformly horrid? My daughter and I went to a buffet in another town, and the food was horrible, the manager screamed at the help so much that the boy filling our water glasses was crying so hard he spilled half the pitcher on the table–who are these people, and why do they decide to open shitstaurants? We had a perfectly lovely Cantonese restaurant in town, but when the old man retired, and sold his place, a new guy showed up and tore out all the lovely decor and started serving crap.He acts like he hates all the customers.

1 Like

Oh my god you guys.

The often-riveting Chubbyemu posted this charming bit a while ago.

I have a hard time convincing people about the importance of food safety for things that don’t have any animal products, but proper storage temps are critical for many kinds of foods to prevent food poisoning. The toxins created by some germs survive re-heating and can make you sick and kill you, as in the video you posted,

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.