Wake Up: a short film from The Lincoln Project

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/wake-up-a-short-film-from-the.html

6 Likes

They got Stephen Root in the cast!

I hope the Dems will put the same amount of effort, resources and creativity into getting out the vote with young liberals and progressives in the coming months (I wish I could say I know they will, but I can’t).

23 Likes

Is that the great character actor Stephen Root behind the mask, playing “Mr Lose yer job”? wow. At this rate, they might have to create a sub-division of Oscar shorts “Political Action”.

16 Likes

How many calls were made to Dr Fauci’s office for the role of the doctor I wonder…

5 Likes

Don’t forget that The Lincoln Project is still just about as full of awful people as what they are fighting. They’re soaking up millions of dollars, and trying to buddy up to the left so that everyone forgets that they still cheer war crimes and racist policy. As soon as the big orange turd is flushed, they’ll be right there to keep trying to steer the country in the same exact direction that got us to where we are in the first place.

Their videos give me just as much satisfaction as they are intended to, but we can’t just give up the important things we’re fighting for.

28 Likes

Oh man! He lost his job again?

20 Likes

But he didn’t take a picture in front of a church with an “upside down bible”. I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but they should at least get their facts straight. There are plenty of other easily verifiable idiotic things he’s done that they could accurately reference. It makes me ill whenever I hear such blatantly false claims spouted from either side. (video: https://youtu.be/5ShnqmiKLE8?t=305)

Sorry but not sorry for being nitpicky. All in all I’ve liked The Lincoln Project’s efforts. I just wish they could stick to facts so as not to give Trump supporters any more “fake news” ammo, as little as it may be.

3 Likes

CtrlZTrump.com

2 Likes

I’m torn because this is fantastic, and finally shows people who are nuts what has happened, in just a tiny view, but it’s by Republicans- the same idiots who started this shitshow, and now conveniently happen to create this 4 years out when it’s just convenient to sway people’s minds?

Where were these people for the last 4 years? sitting in a locked prison cell with no outside contact making this ad somehow is the only excuse.

Funny how transparent they actually were ok with seeing this shit and suddenly when they can influence a vote and seemingly switch sides, still being ok with all this bullshit right up until that point, saying nothing.

6 Likes

You do have to wonder what they would have done had Bernie Sanders won the primary.

6 Likes

Four years? By my count this has been happening since the early 2000’s, and really accelerated in 2008; the Sarah Palin years.

5 Likes

(re: drpfenderson, FathomBlue, RandomDude, et al)

Scene: High school parking lot. Democrats are a freshman, 90 lbs. soaking wet, wearing a scoliosis brace. I will be playing the part of Dem’s friend, Reality.

Me: Hey, man. Heads up—DonnyT is coming with his gang of senior skinheads to kick your ass. But good news. Rick and Steve and George said they’d beat the shit out 'em for you.

Dem: What!? No. Those fuckers stole my lunch money back in middle school. Fuck them; I don’t want their help.

DonnyT’s Bondo-slathered El Camino with gold-plated spinners pulls up.

Fin

2 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

12 Likes

The Lincoln Project can just fuck right off. These videos are not going to sway anyone on the right, & I seriously doubt few even watch. Thanks to @drpfenderson for the share, Cory with Some More News nails it every time.

4 Likes

Ha, this is actually pretty funny.

1 Like

Coma guy: …you believe that?
Root: I’m… trying to…

6 Likes

Am i the only one who feels dirty about basically every Lincoln project ad? They may be effective (the jury is out) but they’re full of the same psych tricks and misinformation that gets used against the left all the time. They make me feel dirty, like the left using the same terrible strategies that the republicans have used for the past 20 years. I guess this is us telling the obamas that we’re done going high…

2 Likes

I feel you may not have grasped the difference between this genre, and anything resembling news that might be considered fake. Drama dies not have to stick to the facts, else Shakespeare should be up ye shittie creeque.

3 Likes

The people behind the Lincoln Project are not the same people who backed Obama. They aren’t Democrats at all, they’re Republicans who recognize that Trump is an evil who threatens us all.

5 Likes

Except this is the Republicans using that strategy… because the Lincoln project is a republican project.

6 Likes