Walmart shopper shoots self in groin

I hear they call him “Whistle Dick” now.

7 Likes

Well, he was in a Walmart.

Seriously, though, it’s because people morons “responsible gun owners” watch too much TV, where everyone sticks guns in their trousers all the time without any ill effect.

7 Likes

♫ Shot in the nuts
And you’re to blame
You give guns
A bad name ♫

27 Likes

Near the sausage case, I would assume.

(I’ll show myself out.)

5 Likes

Buckeye PD later confirmed in an update: “Adult male accidentally shot himself in the groin area inside the Walmart Watson & Yuma. Being transported to hospital. No other injuries.”

Other than the shot to your groin, how was your trip to Wal-Mart?

8 Likes

How is this any different from me sticking a cinderblock on my gas pedal, putting my car in gear and turning it loose, and then saying anything that happened after that was simply an accident?

2 Likes

Since it’s almost Christmas…

Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! Oooohhh!

Mother: No. You’ll shoot your dick off.

15 Likes

This was a negligent discharge; the moron should have been using an IWB holster for his gat. Accidental discharge assumes that the guy was trying to keep it from going off and failed.

3 Likes

Because some people are idiots.

4 Likes

It has just occurred to me (Brit, here, so please bear with my lack of familiarity with firearms), but don’t guns normally have a safety catch?

6 Likes

When you could be facing a bad guy with a gun at any moment, you don’t want any namby-pamby “safety” catches slowing you down.

Also YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

17 Likes

the list of reasons why i don’t shop at walmart keeps getting longer.

9 Likes

I’ve had worse.

12 Likes

Prick tartare.

4 Likes

Woah there, people carry hand guns tucked into their waistbands all the time on TV and in movies, so it must work just fine!!

Well, spontaneous discharge isn’t a thing. But negligent discharge is. Accidental and negligent aren’t mutually exclusive, though.

4 Likes

Premature discharge?

Maybe he just got too excited with Christmas shopping…

I’ll see myself out :wink:

7 Likes

Safeties are a very misunderstood feature on guns. I’ve ready many a fictional book where the under-informed, but safety conscious author has their hero safety their Glock or their revolver before putting it away in spite of the fact that those specific types of guns do not have manual safeties.

And I don’t know all of the issues with safeties, I only know enough to spot some misunderstandings.

2 Likes

“No Safeties, No Safe Word”

1 Like

Carrying with out a holster defies the definition of a “responsible gun owners".

2 Likes

Now Walmart will use the groin incident to help move their holsters!

4 Likes