Walrus may be given "floating couch" to deter it from relaxing on people's boats and sinking them

Originally published at: Walrus may be given "floating couch" to deter it from relaxing on people's boats and sinking them | Boing Boing

7 Likes

You’re going to need a bigger boat…

13 Likes

Sink a few boats off the coast of Ireland and get a nice rubdown with some towels before someone builds you a custom sea couch. I bet the outcome is different if the walrus in Alaska try the same maneuver.

7 Likes

Maybe it just really likes sinking boats, then it’ll go chill on the couch for awhile. Maybe ride a jetski in the afternoon. You know, walrus stuff.

12 Likes

33 Likes

I am the Walrus.

15 Likes

Excuse me, hope you don’t mind, but can you provide evidence that that’s a seal?

5 Likes

No need to be a pinnipedant.

12 Likes

Walrus Couch is the name of my new band

5 Likes

; )
(extra characters)

4 Likes

Very true, aside from the tusks, it could be a sea lion.
Also: “No -o-o-o! They be stealing my floaties! My bukkit’s already gone!”

9 Likes

tumblr_nitzab47x61u0n91wo1_500

17 Likes

i bet the insurance companies weren’t buying that a walrus sank my boat line… or the dog ate my policy either…

2 Likes

“First they came for the buckets, and I did not speak out…”

9 Likes

If walruses are anything like cats, he’ll ignore the couch and keep on climbing on boats. Or possibly occupying a big cardboard box on the beach.

14 Likes

I choose my couch based on wet towels that smell familiar also :confused:

Fun fact walrus hides are the primo material for a traditional “skin on from frame” boat. Kayak Umiak and such. Now days we use canvas and tar, or modern synthetic fibers.

6 Likes

Right now?

2 Likes

He seems like a nice enough fellow. Maybe they should build him a daybed or a nice recliner.

1 Like

Best deterrent?
Wallop Wally the wayward walrus in his walnuts when not welcome.

2 Likes

Worth a try, works for
FB_IMG_1628477975106

8 Likes