Warren-Sanders Democrats vs Oprah: "One billionaire president in a decade is going to be plenty for us"

Agreed. Unfortunately many of the problems we face are at level 5, making them even harder to solve in that case.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Scottishness doesn’t depend on how one votes.

Supporting the military-industrial complex, particularly on the absurd American scale, isn’t actual leftism in anyone’s book.

2 Likes

Remember: buttons are not toys!

Anne Rice:

The bumper stickers and shirts are already on sale on Amazon.

That’s one hell of a selling point! You’ve convinced me!

And re: Trump vs. Zaphod — Trump doesn’t even have one working head.

6 Likes

That’s basically the same argument some made about Trump at some point.

2 Likes

What you’re actually pointing out is the major flaw of two party systems. They don’t really represent huge swathes of the population, who then have to choose between horrible and awful, or if they’re lucky, bad and slightly less bad. If they had credible alternatives to vote for they would, and then those alternatives would have a chance at the table.

7 Likes

Horizontal or vertical stripes?

4 Likes

Wolfman Al has it right. The job is muddled, because some people want a technocrat who can apply boring long-term fixes, many of which compromise between the parties (i.e., me, mainly, I think), others want someone who will by sheer force of will and charisma, ram through their party’s agenda despite opposition, and others want a giant astride the Earth, who will pose and posture and let them fantasize it’s them (i.e., GOP). These last don’t see any other task as important, and crap like “managing” or “solving problems” strikes them as horseshit, because that always seems to devolve into lawyerese, and that means they have to pay child support or be criticized for saying racist things or whatever.

3 Likes

And even for Warren Buffet, it’s an effort to emulate something one can never reach. Even when you don’t surround [yourself ]with luxury and fly coach or whatever: You’ll always know that you could but that place [plane] or if you get sick, afford the best doctors and most expensive treatment, etc.

It’s a nice thing to try to stay grounded, but ultimately, Superman may try to live as Clark Kent, but he’ll never be an actual human.

9 Likes

I know of someone with more money behind them, younger , more pc and even more of a household name then Oprah .

Alexa for president!
What do you say?

1 Like

I do believe this is the traditional reply to such a comment. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/ainyK6fXku0

(Also, you are 100% correct. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I’m thinking thin vertical; I have long, lean legs and the stripes would really give them some swing.

3 Likes

What if it was Warren Buffet?

(I doubt if he want’s the job, but he ought to make a good one.)

I was a big Bernie supporter, but after 2016, I don’t want him anywhere near a ballot in 2020. Especially, as @brainspore says, at age 87. I would like him to do what he’s been doing best: throwing his support behind someone.

4 Likes

Alexa is still a minor. You need to be 35 to become president. Not even Siri would qualify.

1 Like

How about

7 Likes

I think you missed the allusion:

While that critique of Warren may be valid (for all I know there are extenuating circumstances regarding her voting for that bill), it also implies the number of “true” leftists is very small, and maybe excludes anyone who has ever served in any legislature.

4 Likes