Watch 10,000 maggots devour a pizza, if you dare

Never ever forget the third dimension lest ninjas or something more hideous comes down to get you.

3 Likes

I liked their early stuff but they were never the same after Natalie Merchant left

5 Likes

It just had a simple roof over the concrete patio. Nothing above it really. I guess it could have been a caterpillar or something that was devoured. Or possibly a frog or something - but I don’t recall seeing ANYTHING but maggots.

1 Like

Probably a tree overhead with something dead and tasty (to maggots) in it. Probably fell one by one onto the concrete leaving what you saw.

Or it could have been a transdimensional portal from the maggot dimension…

3 Likes

Reminds me of college

1 Like

0_0 What college did you go to?

ETA - Oh wait, NVM, this is the maggots eating pizza thread, not the sex dungeon for sale thread. I got my tabs mixed up.

2 Likes

I’ll never invite those little nasties to dinner. Not a one of them folded a slice!!!

3 Likes

at least they didn’t use tiny forks

1 Like

Am I the only one hung up on the concept of maggot farming?

What series of questionnaire results produces ‘maggot farmer’ as a career option? What infinitesimal fraction of people then think ‘oooh!’ and start training immediately?

1 Like

The opening scene from Blade Runner 2049 is set on one such “protien farm.” Grubs are the meat of the future! At least until Soylent gets off the ground.

3 Likes

Well, that video was a boner-killer for sure, but did not curb my love of, and hunger for, pizza. That business with the crusts going last though, I found that odd. I mean, just tough for the maggots or do they genuinely prefer the cheese n’ sauce covered part more? There needs to be a second run with the crust slathered in garlic butter. For science.

Probably multiple reasons. The crust is harder and drier so maggots may treat it like bark/branch. Something to walk past while looking for the delicious gooey center. The sugar filled sauce has to be candy to them.

I do note that they mostly ignored the cheese once it went hard and rubbery too. Who knew maggots were such picky eaters?

1 Like

Mildly relevant “Far Side” cartoon.

1 Like

ewwwww maggots eating pizza is gross…

…now leave me in peace so i can masticate a slice and let the bacteria in my gut turn the pizza into poop while it is still inside my body. totally not gross at all.

1 Like

I was thinking “Fountain of Larvae” would be the band name that I got from that article.
More of an avant-ish outfit, a la Kayo Dot, perhaps.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.