WATCH: 2 Chainz schools Nancy Grace about weed prohibition

Misanthropic, perhaps. You’ll struggle to find many sympathetic characters anywhere.

There are aspects of it that people might find troubling. My best approach would be to take it as it is, a not very serious genre thriller. But like @caze says, you can’t talk about it without spoiling it.

2 Likes

The reference was to how Nancy Grace (playing herself) was portrayed in that movie.

@milliefink’s question wasn’t, though.

Actually, I think an interesting enough conversation could be had around that subject, if we had enough people who’d seen it.

Well, I did read the book, and I don’t imagine the movie is much different in the main. The woman/wife in the book comes across as maniacally deranged and devious, but 1) I don’t think that she’s set up to represent all women that white (nor even all middle-class white women), and 2) I think her parents’ and society’s expectations of her to fill certain idealized roles were as much or more the target of blame as “women” of any sort.

Ah, I see now. Two different issues on the same movie. Interesting.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.